GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Last week Hunzee and his bride came by and left their truck and trailer. Now as it happened we were in one of the worst ice storms in history for this area. We are STILL without electricity ( 11 days ) and it may be 2 more weeks without. Problem is hundreds of miles of lines down (rural area). Luckily we have a generator, oh yeah, cable and internet came on last night. Stay warm Hunzee, Charley :eek:4:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
garsh charley, you got it serious

lots of folks in my area are without power yet as well, maybe three more weeks for some

at least you had a generator

good luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Jeez, that's worse than we looked back in December and we lost power to 50% of the state (small state - LOL) for 3 days and it took 2 weeks to get everybody back on line.

Thank God for my Honda generator - first time I had to use it in 10 years and it just started right up.

Been there so good luck getting that cleaned up.

·
Love The DCT
12,183 Posts

Last week Hunzee and his bride came by and left their truck and trailer. Now as it happened we were in one of the worst ice storms in history for this area. We are STILL without electricity ( 11 days ) and it may be 2 more weeks without. Problem is hundreds of miles of lines down (rural area). Luckily we have a generator, oh yeah, cable and internet came on last night. Stay warm Hunzee, Charley :eek:4:
Here up north, we complain about the well below zero cold and great amounts of snow we are having this winter. However, I sure do not envy you with all the damage and loss of electricity caused by the severe ice storms down your way. I'll take the snow and cold any day over the ice storm. Hope you all do not have to wait much longer to get the utility service back.

·
Registered
475 Posts

Wow, that sux. You guys and gals up north gotta be tough to endure that. I will still take the hurricanes and super high humidity over the cold and snow. Good luck. Generators are a life saver, I have one also.:beer3:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Missouri Charley. I feel your pain. We got our power restored here (KY.) today about noon after 11 days without it. I did not have a generator and spent the first three days and nights without heat. Generators were not to be found here but I did find a natural gas space heater with a blower and piped it in. It was a life saver. I am shopping now for a generator. This is the second time in four months that I have needed one so it is time to buy.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Wow!!!!
we were without for 5 days....I feel for all you, 11 days....hang tough guys....I do say a little prayer for all of you. It's been real bad for a lot of folks....but on a nicer note, we had a group come up from a Baptise Church in Georgia, they have been removing trees and limbs from the elderly and others that can't do it themselves at no charge.....sometimes hard times bring out the best in others....thank you Lord for sending them, many needed the help.
I did buy a Honda generator on the forth day, worked very well....

Be safe all....

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
Wow tree trimmers paradise
Stay warm

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Just as a friendly advice. When you purchase your generator, or if you already have one, make sure you install, or use a "transfer switch" which will safely prevent some utility worker, working on the lines outside, from getting fried.

A few dollars spent now, will prevent you from loosing your home in the future in a law suit. Be very careful.

Mike

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
the luxury of electricity is one of those things that way to many folks just do not appreciate enough

1 - 11 of 11 Posts