GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Reached this forum when searching about GWs on Google.

Currently I’m NOT a Gold Wing owner. I actually ride a ‘16 Indian Roadmaster which I might say, I love it. Ridden it over three South American countries (Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina) and it was a dream come true.

It’s a wonderful bike, I might add. But even though I have a trusted mechanic to work on it and a US parts supplier to help me out when I need, it’s kinda frustrating not to have official support or even being able to trade my bike for one of the newer models like the Challenger (I’ll explain: Indian Motorcycle left Brazilian market in Oct 2018 with no prospect of returning in the next few years).

So apart from Harleys (which I really do not care for even though I had a few of them) the only option for me is a GW, even though here (unlike the US), because it’s an import (Harleys are assembled in Brazil and have some tax exemption) a std bagger costs about 30% over a Road Glide Ultra.

Therefore, I’m actually considering a GW to replace the Indian somewhere in next year. Most likely will not be a 5th gen, but a 6th (we still have a lot of brand new 2018s in stock due to the recent economy crisis) , still not sure if a base bagger with an aftermarket top case or a DCT airbag one (the only two versions sold here). Let’s say it’s a considerable price difference.

The 5th gen would certainly appeal more to my wife (seat and storage , and most important: price LOL) but to be honest all the extra features in the 6th gen are actually “making my belly worms hungry” to use a Brazilian expression. LOL

Hope I can learn a lot from this fórum in order to make a better decision.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

Reactions: ubiratamuniz

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Passenger comfort level is better on the 17 and below. Driver fun is higher on the 18+.

And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ubiratamuniz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts