GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that was a resounding DUD!!! At least here in Kabul, Afghanistan it is only 8 AM and my day is starting, didn't even have to lose any sleep. Sorry that you guys stayed up for pretty much nothing. Glad I bought the 06 now, maybe next year.
26 days to go.
Dennis

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I was hoping there would not be a reason to trade up my 05 and with your 06 you are probably happy for that too.

My son is in FOB Salerno - he'll be back home in Jan then out of the Army. Looking forward to having him home for good.

Keep yourself safe there - I'm sure you are looking forward to getting home to family and friends and on the bike again.!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joker Guy

You have got that right. I've been fortunate, where I am it is relatively quiet, but I've heard Salerno is another story, I know a few guys there myself, hope they do their time there safely and come home safe.
Dennis

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
Most in the know knew Honda will not change designs until 08 thru 10 and that the changes would be colors. I think it is the best colors ever,

G

·
Afganastan huh!!!!! WOW
What dont you start up a GWRRA chapter....
Cowboy hats and all....
Is ther a Dairy Queen on base???? :lol:
Oh for a Fall ride through the poppy fields!!!!! :lol:

Stay safe... keep your head down!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GWRRA?

Actually we do have a Dairy Queen, and a Subway at Camp Phoenix in Kabul. In Kandahar they have a Subway, Burger King, and a Pizza Hut. So a little bit of "home" is present over here. As far as riding thru the poppy fields...you don't want to go there. And in Afghanistan, their idea of roads and our idea of roads are in two different directions. On my first trip out here to Camp Black Horse the road was so bad, that one of my guys actually pulled the seatbelt shoulder harness anchor right out of the body of the vehicle, not to mention the headaches from sometimes banging our heads against the roof on occasion. The Humvees actually have a better ride.
Would not even think of bringing a Gold Wing over here.
Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts