GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
Looks like a pic of the EC cylinder head cover installed on the bike. Looks like some kind of a orange/pink object on the cover.

:doorag:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Rust spot. Probably better to contact them directly than to blast them here.

Never ceases to amaze me that some folks feel that they must publicly criticize someone first, before contacting them. If; after contacting them and they don't make it right; then go public. I've done business with EC for many, many, many years and have always (not most, but always) been pleased with their products and/or their willingness to go the extra mile for any issue for the products that they sell.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'd just touch it up with some black paint:shrug:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Manufacturing defects happen. Even if E.C. is a Six Sigma type manufacturing operation, every now and then something will slip through. Coming from manufacturing myself, I would just replace the item and ask that OP send the defective one back to us for our evaluation.

Lots of folks expect cheap and high-quality sent to them yesterday. In the real world, there is a balance between the classic trifecta of Cheap, Fast, and High Quality (the old saying goes "pick two"). It is a careful business decision where sometimes you say "we will have some defects, but they will be few and we can handle them as 'improvement projects' if it makes business sense"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not quite sure what to make of your post. I'd have a totally different reaction to it if you were telling us that you'd reached out to Lewis and he told you to pound sand. But to report a problem with the case covers straight away without first determining if it was a stone chip and second asking Lewis if he agreed this was an issue he'd agree to resolve is just -- disappointing. In my experience, that's not how its done. I met Lewis through the IBA. I've bought a few items from him over the years. My wife and I have had dinner with him when he was visiting Michigan a number of years back. He's an honorable business man . I think you owe him a major, public apology on this formum. Just my opinion. YMMV.

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
And on a serious note, EC will have you covered if you give them a chance.

prs

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
No worries, EC Lewis took care of mine, just call and let him know. I sent the defective one back and my replacement was back shortly. Just FYI I had purchased Show Chrome valve covers but found the powder coating was peeling on their cover (1 of 2). No rust just separation from the metal. Yes, took them back and got a refund.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Never bought anything from them, but this does look like it would be difficult for a rock to hit the bike in that location. I could be wrong and maybe the perspective I am getting when looking at this photo is wrong. I do agree, though, that you should give them a chance first to take care of the problem. I ordered an F4 windshield (20" tinted, wide") for my bike and when it came, I installed it and rode around with it for at least a week before I paid much attention to the top and didn't notice that re-curve the shield was supposed to have. Then I called F4. He told me to measure from two specific points on the shield and learned that they had mistakenly sent me the 24". He immediately shipped me the correct shield and told me to just use the box the replacement shield came in and I shipped it back with them paying postage. It was handled very quick and easy. Very good companies like F4 will do anything they can to make a customer happy, so give them a chance.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I visited E/C last week while at the Americade.........Nice folks for sure.......

Ronnie

Reactions: WY88
1 - 20 of 38 Posts