Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LaMonster...

I hate to say this :oops: but to me the new board sucks. Its hard to navigate. I don't understand it. I'm not doing very well at finding replies. People are still putting JOD and crap to the wrong board. I prefer the old way, one could see all answers at once and skip the ones that didn't interest them. This isolates people into single little boxes and doesn't seem like a community. What are all the little boxes at the top of 'Post a New Topic' page...who needs it. Too hard..too complicated. :?

I, for one, will probably visit less and less. We're going to lose tons of people.

Old dog trying to learn new tricks and not doing too well,
bugleboy

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hey Bugleboy, hope you see this

I found this last night and was kind of put off at first. Luckily I had a couple of hours to look around and it started making sense. I'd give it a try for a while and see if it gets easier. I'm an old dog too and my learning curve isn't very steep but there's a lot to like the more you get used to it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hang in here for awhile BugleBoy. You'll get used to it. As for posts in the wrong board just give people a little time to get it figured out. It may take them awhile to remember that LaMont has a soap box for us.

Any new board can take a little bit to figure out, but once you do I think you'll like it.

:rat:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hang in there & play with the features. This format is much more functional and user friendly than the old one. I think once you get used to it, you'll agree...

If not, then I guess we'll miss ya :(

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
My Bad!

I'm sorry, but I was one who posted a JOD on this board before I realized it should have been in the "Soap Box" board. I hope it didn't needlessly bring a smile to your face. :)

From now on I will post JOD's on the correct board

S

·
0 Posts
New Board

That's OK Rick so you posted your joke on the wrong board - just for that I won't laugh. :lol:

Once we get used to the board we will love it - one must overcome the resistance to change.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Re: New Board

storm said:
That's OK Rick so you posted your joke on the wrong board - just for that I won't laugh. :lol:

Once we get used to the board we will love it - one must overcome the resistance to change.
Storm, Your reply should have been posted on the soapbox board because it didn't include the word "motorcycle." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine, however, does include the word "motorcycle" twice and is, thus, qualified for this board. :D :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
Color of this board

I miss the tan colored background, it was much easier on the eyes. :shock:

·
Registered
167 Posts
How do you get to the next topic? :cry: I have to go back to the GM Board each time & then scrowl down to get the next topic, Please help this DUMMY.

Thanks Larry

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I dont know what message I am replying to

but I wanted to reply to who ever apologized for posting the JOD on the general board. I thought the word GENERAL meant everything. :roll:

Also, I don't know how to offer a reply to a single message in a thread of messages like I used to be able to do.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I liked the old board format with frames simply because of my slow dial-up at home. It saved clicking backc and forth waiting for pages to load, but you can't have everything... so they say :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
This IS going to take some getting used to. I guess everybody has to re-register..or not. That by itself should filter out some of the crybabies.

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
New board

Liked the message list on the left hand side that did not require clicking back and forth between the list and the message.

H

·
0 Posts
I liked the old version also

but when faced with the desire of many members to be able to view older posts and to be able to create a tech library this was the only sensible answer. The messages on this board should be here forever which will make this a greater resource for everybody. The old board was limited in its ability to archive anything without a lot of human intervention.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When people get used to this most will like it just fine.
The old board served us well and had some advantages, but this one is much better over all.

:rat:
:yw1:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Stick with this guys. After awhile it will make sense and you will be able to navigate. And finally, us slow dial up people this is a dream..... Joy

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good Format

This is a good and better format than the old one. It's the same as the one Fred H. and the gang use at www.1800goldwing.

I personally find both sites very informative and visit both often.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.