Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
LaMonster said:
yellowwing1 said:
And finally, us slow dial up people this is a dream..... Joy
That's good to hear that it is faster for you Joy. that right there makes me happy :D
Well you deserve Happy , it was very painful on most days on the other site. This is fast and easy.. Whoooo Hoooo

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hey PBear, when you are done reading a thread, just hit your back button or go back button. That takes you back to the list of threads. Hope this helps Joy

·
Registered
810 Posts
New Board is Great

I'll admit, it does take a little time to get used to, but I'll vote behind this board over the last.

I like the new found organization and the different areas. The ability to mark all the msgs read is great. The ability to send a private message to someone without having to have email addresses, or disclose your own is nice. Obviously the graphical interface is much more user friendly.

Considering this is a free forum that someone else puts up for our use, I think we should all be considerate and grateful and at the very least, offer constructive criticism and not negative. Keep in mind that LaMonster did a lot of work to get this online for us. It's not like he's a programmer who can customize this to exactly everything we want, he's limited to available programs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really like the new board just wish you could reply to one person/message in a thread. I have seen some boards that let you reply to all or just one person and it showns in you message as to who you where replying to.

Panther Ga.

·
Registered
19 Posts
New Board no problem

Hal & LaMonster
Keep up the good work, I have know problem with using this new board, WELL :roll: at least not registering little booboo :oops: LaMonster said he fix it.
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This is soooooo much faster than the old board! 8)

Now you can edit posts after you make them, it always seemed like you noticed a major typo after it was posted, then you had to delete the whole post and start over, not anymore! 8)

Way cool! 8)

H

·
0 Posts
Nothing different than old board

This site lets you post a photo just like on the old board.

First, the photo must already be visible some place on the Internet. Thats why Lamont built the photo post on www.bigbikeriders.com . You can upload your picture there and then by right clicking on the photo you go to properties and copy the URL of the photo. You then post the photo in your message here by starting with the little IMG button, then posting the URL and then by closing all tags. Your picture should appear in the message.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Re: New board

Ted in ncal said:
Liked the message list on the left hand side that did not require clicking back and forth between the list and the message.
I agree. I miss that and also knowing who was replying to what by just looking over at it. Other that that, I don't think we've given up anything with this new format, have we?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Re: New board

Gary in Indiana said:
[quote="Ted in ncal":2x8ilpe8]Liked the message list on the left hand side that did not require clicking back and forth between the list and the message.
I agree. I miss that and also knowing who was replying to what by just looking over at it. Other that that, I don't think we've given up anything with this new format, have we?[/quote:2x8ilpe8]

Guess who I'm replying to... :D

Most of the complaints I've seen is because the person posting just hasn't figured out how to do what they want to do yet !

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
Pay Attention to the dates - this thread has been resurrected!

Note that when the last significant forum software change happened, it was 16 years ago - and people weren't happy then, either. 🤣

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Pay Attention to the dates - this thread has been resurrected!

Note that when the last significant forum software change happened, it was 16 years ago - and people weren't happy then, either. 🤣
Actually, there were a couple significant changes since then. And there were unhappy people every time. So what? ❓ I liked the last one. Not too crazy about this one but I'll get by.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.