GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Rivco Air Horns and am finishing the install on the EC Premium Fog Lights. Both of these items, and others I plan to install in the future, come with attached inline fuses. I left the fuses in place and connected directly to the positive battery connection, used the negative consolitated block on one of the items.

I have installed the EC positive and negative consolidated connections blocks. My questions is, how advisable is it to remove the inline fuse and connect to the positive consolidated connections and put the appropriate fuse for that item? I know the fog lights say don't connect to the accessory connection on the original fuse block but I'm wondering if this includes the consolidated block.

This isn't intended specifically as an EC question it's just that I have their products. This would also apply to my Garmin V inline connection I'm planning.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Goblin said:
I have installed the EC positive and negative consolidated connections blocks. My questions is, how advisable is it to remove the inline fuse and connect to the positive consolidated connections and put the appropriate fuse for that item? I know the fog lights say don't connect to the accessory connection on the original fuse block but I'm wondering if this includes the consolidated block.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.....but here are my thoughts. It really doesn't matter where the fuse is, adding an additional fuse block/distribution plate that has it's own fuses is fine, as long as each fused point is appropriate for the wire size and current load. Never install a load without a fuse protecting it. The auxiliary fuse point is only good for 5 amps, so is usually used as a power point for relay switching. 5 amps won't run much.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
You can connect the lights to our accessory fuse block...the one on the bike is only good for 5 amps....more than the lights draw.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts