GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't believe it, after all I've been through, I'm really at home. Home has modifications and equipment to handle wheel chairs and someone who can’t walk, stand or put pressure on one leg and limited pressure on the other. Plus use of only one arm.

I can’t really talk about what has happened and is happening to me without talking about our awesome & great God, so if that bothers you, read no further.

I have a lot to share with people about seeing God at work not just daily, hourly, but sometimes every moment. Anyone that has seen the totaled vehicles or read the accident report, knows that I should not have survived it. The state trooper investigating the accident said to me “I should be talking to a corps, you are very lucky”. My response was that luck had nothing to do with it, my God protected me. As my favorite scripture says below, I have seen many wonderful things come out of my accident.

Now I know that God should and does get all the glory and praise for all the things He has and continues to do in my life. However, many times he accomplishes these things through His people. His greatest gift to me (second to Christ and the Holy Spirit) is my wonderful wife. I stand amazed at how strong she is, but as we have talked about and know, her strength in times like these comes form our Lord and Savior. No words can express our love for each other.

Of course, I can not say enough about the love, prayers and support He sends through my family, church and friends.

I have a challenging road to recovery ahead. God has shown and taught me many things during this time. Throughout this entire ordeal, I knew and felt God's presence as He literally saved my life, protected me, healing me and caring for me. As I lay flat on my back in Breckenridge, with no human around, I realized that I was at a point where (given the nature of my injuries), I could do little or nothing without someone physically helping me. Of course I don't have tell anyone that knows me that I'm a take charge kind of guy, taking care of my business, and not asking for help. I humbled myself before Him with a new understanding of what it means to be humble. I literally cried out to Him. God was quick to answer "how dare you deny my people the blessings of helping you", Then through His Holy Word:

Matthew 7:7-11
7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Philippians 4:10-19
10 I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.
I look forward to each day with great anticipation of what God will do next. I have numerous challenges ahead as I recover, but I see these more as opportunities for God to reveal Himself, His powers, and His saving grace. I depend on God and His people to bring us though. I've still find it hard to ask of help, but God makes it possible.

We have decided to change from the motorcycle to a convertible.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

P.S.

In due time I will begin selling the many extras I have accumulated. Will post on the classified board. Pickup only.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Welcome home Steve (but I know you can't wait for someone else to say that to you!)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wonderful

Hi, Steve
Glad to hear you are home again.
May you continue to heal quickly with God's
help & grace. Hope to see you & Annette
at Marble Falls in your convertible.
God Bless,
Marv

·
Registered
927 Posts
Live long and well. You are a great example.
Best wishes
Ken

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Steve,

God Bless you and Annette. Your message is one of the best Testimonies that I have seen. It is of course by the Grace of GOD that we all continue. I am proud to see this in the forum. You have truly seen the Pale Rider, but your Faith, and Love for GOD spared you from the sword. It is obvious to me that your work here is not done.

Once again God Bless, and Prayers for your recovery. If you need any thing we are here.

Chaplain (LTG) George D. Patrick
United States Corps of Chaplains
Director
www.uscochq.org

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Great post.

I'm glad you are on your way to recovery, though it may seem slow. God does things in his own time and way for reasons we often don't understand.

Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Dep

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Gohd Speed

·
Registered
261 Posts
Steve,

I personally am not into any formal religions. That being said I do thank the Creator every day, or at least try to, for how wonderful my life is. My Father-in-Law had an epiphany after having a liver transplant. He lived 14 years after the operation. In that 14 years he decided to make good with the Lord. He found comfort in joining a small Church and eventually becoming a Deacon there. He never tried to convert me, of which I am grateful. However his life seemed much more fulfilling to him from that point on. My point is personally it doesn't matter to me how, where, what you worship. I believe we all have to find our own paths to the Creator, whomever that God might be for you. I am glad you have found yours. I hope you recover as well as is possible. And I hope you find the same, or even better, peace with your Creator as my Father-in-law did.

Best of luck, health and happiness to you and your wife!

FF

·
Registered
550 Posts
Get better

Glad you're home Steve. Get healed, we need you back riding and representing Texas.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Steve
Good on ya man for the testimony.God is great and He's still in the saving business.
I had my "Grace" moment about two weeks ago also_Only with His hands upon the "BARS" am I here.
Hope you continue to mend and may the Lord continue to smile upon you and yours.

Be Blessed
Bloodbought1

·
Registered
466 Posts
Steve,

I just want you to know Cindy and I have had you on our hearts and in our prayers. She has been asking about you and we are both thankful for your continued recovery. I have wanted to call, but will wait until things are a little more settled for you. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I greatly appreciate your post. Sometimes we tend to ask of God; "Why did you let this happen to me." Very refreshing to see so many good people appreciating the Lord's loving help when we get ourselves into trouble!

I do not know why; I am generally not a music student, but for some odd reason reading your post made me recall an old B.B. King blues number titled "Lucille"; in which the then young Mr. King explained about "paying dues" and his explanation or manner of explaining it leaves the listener knowing that paying dues is a good or natural and necessary thing -- we all pay dues in that sense. Not sure why I felt compelled to mention that, but I did even after hesitating a bit to do so.

PigeonRoost Slim

·
Registered
656 Posts
Great testimony Steve!! God is good! All the time!! Phillipians 4: 13 is a life verse for me. The best to you.

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
HI Steve, I was thinking about you and DD both while I was in the hospital in Indy. We all have a lot to be thankful for, that is for sure.

Glad you are home and hope you healing time will speed by. Prayers have been continually on the way simce your accident.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts