• 1096dad - #8

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Wheelss - #10

Votes: 17 51.5%

November 2022 Challenge - Odometer

9K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Congrats again to @Wingsconsin, October's winner.
High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Unless otherwise stated, you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the GL1800Riders.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!

~MR

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Gauge

172K+ miles of smiles in the heat, cold, rain and snow.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Sometimes alone and sometimes with my buds.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Sometimes with my favorite riding partner.

Smile Cap Beard Baseball cap T-shirt

She's put up with a lot. (4th of July 2013 in Maine.)

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Plant

But every new day with my bike is in some way a day of heaven on earth.

#5 ·
Car Automotive tire Mode of transport Steering wheel Vehicle

In late 2017 I was at the local Honda dealer and told them to make me an offer I can't refuse. Be darned if they didn't. We became the owners of a brand new 2017 Goldwing with 1 kilometre on it. It had 125 Km on it when it was parked for the winter.
We both work full time and are the children of ageing parents. Our waking moment seem to be consumed with text messages of where we can meet and at least the biweekly phone calls of who is taking mom to emergency or do we need to call an ambulance again?
We lost mom in the first week of January 2018. For the first time in a long time our lives seem to be quiet, just to go to work and come home.
In February while having breakfast getting ready for work my wife stopped and looked up at me and said "you know hon, we always said if we bought a new motorcycle, we would take a trip across Canada".

I slurp some coffee, with one eye still on the news “muh huh”.
She said “what is stopping us from doing it … Now”.
* I am now fully awake* “ What? ummm, uh,…Huh?”
With huh still rolling around in my head, we both left for work and booked a 7 week leave of absence.
[7 weeks later having breakfast getting ready for work] ’So darling, After having traveled from here to NL and back on a motorcycle, Would you do it again?”
* Her head jerks up with that monotonously serious voice.* “ I need 5 minuets to pack”

Then Covid happened.
Although we did manage some local getaways throughout BC,AB,SK the bigger trips were just not in the cards.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Sky Plant Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire

With things relaxing and borders opening the wife and I managed a trip to New Mexico to visit with our daughter and her husband last august.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Our wing is taking us to countless beautiful destinations. Some on buttery smooth pavement, some not so much. With any luck it will take my wife and I on many more adventures.
Plant Automotive lighting Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle

#6 ·
Yer all a bunch of show offs! There's NO picture of a Goldwing from me because I have no idea where the heck it is! This is our weather here yesterday and we will be getting more in 2 days as a Polar Vortex descends upon us. Global Warming? Yeah, right...NOT! So now I have to look outside and see this often for the next 7 months. Show offs! I'm gonna scream now. Good nite.

Slope Electricity Sky Overhead power line Parallel

#8 ·
Today marked 30,000 miles of smiles on my 2018. Mother nature was kind enough to give me a 68 degree day to celebrate the occasion with a ride under a perfect Colorado blue sky. Those 30k miles have taken my wife and I all over the country including Arkansas, South Dakota, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Utah and many others. Here's a pic from today and a few others along the way.
Sky Plant Mountain Vehicle Automotive tire

Taken just north of Ridgway, Colorado today.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

The obligatory Dragon pic.
Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Highway 149 just outside Lake City, Colorado.
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Colorado 14 in northern Colorado.

#10 ·
I picked up my brand new 2014, only 3 miles on it, in September of 2017. She sure looked pretty. It was my first "new" bike as my previous two had been used. Since that time, we have been all over the Country with it, seeing many of the fantastic sights there are to enjoy in this Country. 5 pictures, man is that tough. BUT, I have tried to pick a few that highlights "her" best side. LOL

Here she is all shinny and new, still sitting on the showroom floor. My buddy Randall picked up my chair and sat it on the back seat declaring that I needed to quickly get her out of there before the deal fell through once they actually saw the number of miles on my trade in. LOL.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

The irony of how one thing....lead to another...
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

...and who does not like to see a pretty girl at the beach...
Water Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

... she was out looking for Willie, Waylon, and the boys...
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

...and here we are almost 5 years later, to the day, enjoying a ride in TN. I was tempted to do the same as I had done with the other two girls when there reached 100,000 miles, with 100 at 100,000...but my lovely bride wacked me in the back of the helmet.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Speedometer Automotive design

What a ride this life of mine has been having now enjoyed over 500,000 miles of smiles while seated in my Captain's Chair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.