GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having picked up my new Tailwind trailer on the 3rd of this month. I have made the right decision. It took me at least 2 months in talking to and researching trailers to decide.

Picking it up early on Friday morning I wanted to pull it a few miles while I was still in the area. I ended up riding about 400 miles in the hill country of Texas. I enjoy riding at a brisk pace from time to time, I only scraped my pegs one time while pulling the trailer and it followed like it was on rails. I do have the complete Traxxion update on the front and rear. Just a couple of things I was more that pleasantly surprised at. When I would hit a bum with the bike of course you the the bump-front wheel, bump-back wheel and waited for the bump of the trailer-it never happened. After I got home even through the grocery store parking lot, the trailer took the speed bumps with no transfer to the bike.

Just it get used to the trailer I rode to Death Valley last weekend. I was getting 210 to 230 miles before fueling up, it again towed like a dream

The Friday after Thankgiving the SO and I are taking a trip to Big Bend National Park in Texas. I am really looking forward to packing for the trip. A place for everything with the heated gear on the top, she doesn't like being cold.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you can get a little riding it.

Roger
Tempe, Az.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I would love to hear a report after your trip. I imagine the trailer will be far more loaded for that one. Pictures would be nice, too. I'm not quite ready for a trailer just yet, but I have spoken with Tom \about his product, and would be very interested in your ongoing evaluation..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

I'm much for taking pictures, BUT Patty is, so I know we will have more than a few. I will pick out some good ones and try to post them. Not sure how to do it but will figure it out.

Patty is just as or more excited than I am about the trip and the trailer--really the trailer. A new adventure starts, the only problem would be will I every get to travel alone again, hey wait this is going to be a good thing.

Roger

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Well, it has been nippy these mornings. Glad you had a good ride back. This is a good time for Big Bend but it will be cold in the Los Chisos basin.

The Ford Davis loop is really a great ride, except when they are working on the roads. The MacDonald observatory is always fun to visit.

I got my red O4 back and now I have a one color rig again. The guys were kind not to rub in the clash too much.

I am definitely going to go slower in the dark. The deer population is exploding around here.

Sheila asked me to send you contact info because she will be in your area probably several times before March. Her route is easy to follow on the Star Traxx, https://star-traxx.com/ although her transponder is out of service for a few days.

The user name is sheilasgrandtour and the pass word is gl1800.

I found a photo of you in your first 50 feet of pulling your trailer. Bib Bend is really a great place to take photos, and I hope you can post some of your ride photos. This time of year the air should be crisp and clear.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,

I was really looking forward to going to Big Bend, but I've been notified I want to go to the beach. Now it looks like we are headed for CA. in the Newport Beach area.

Like to topic line, we're both happy. I get to ride and see some great country and we get to go to the beach.

How many of you have done the same thing? Well at least we get to ride and everyones happy, that is what counts in the long run

Now instead of pictures of mountains it will be ocean, not a bad trade.

Roger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Granpa,

No not very often, but I didn't even feel him as the trailer went over him. :twisted:

I guess I need to pay more attention to the road :lol:

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
In England, they call speed bumps "Sleeping policemen". So......why not "sleeping bums?". :22yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts