GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my 2610. About to open the box. Het to admit I'm illiterate about something, but now I get to frequent another topic board!

·
Registered
19,387 Posts
you will get some good use out of your Garmin

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Chef, I thought I was going to have a GPS before you did. Now I know, I have to get one ordered or something another. Let me know what you think about it. I was thinking of still getting a 2610.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:lol:

CC,
Good to have ya ganderin' over here in the "GPS World", leave all sense of knowin' a damn thing at the door. :wink:
Jon is one of our main gurus here, I voyeur his every post and read them well. :wink: Smart guy who likes to share his "high tech" 20 pound head to most of our thankfulness. 8)

Yee Haww on spendin' the big $$$$.......... :wink:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Chef, set it up in your car or pickup and use it there for a while first.
It's easier to get familure with it on 4 wheels than two. You'll be punching buttons and playing with it to see what it does, and you really don't want to be learning how to use it while riding the bike.

It's a big distraction when you first get one and you'll be watching it a lot instead of the road. After your use to using it and know the way it works, then put it on the bike. That way you'll know what your doing with it and, though you'll still be watching it and punching buttons for what you want, you'll know what your doing and each action won't take you mind off the road for so long.

Have fun with it. They're really fasinating.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I couldn't let Chef get 1 up on me so I ordered a Garmin 2720 and will use it in the truck, like Jim said and become familiar with it before puttting it on the bike.... :D

bruce aka 'the blue trawler'

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blue trawler said:
I couldn't let Chef get 1 up on me so I ordered a Garmin 2720 and will use it in the truck, like Jim said and become familiar with it before puttting it on the bike.... :D

bruce aka 'the blue trawler'
Then it'll never get on the bike!

I've ordered Jon's mount and the Kennedy gear to get it hooked up to the bike. Driving down to Orlando next weeken in the car and am looking forward to see how badly it messes up. Hopefully not as bad as Mapquest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts