GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how to cancel a navigation route while travelling, The manual for this thing leaves a lot to be desired.

Can anyone help us.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
wingd said:
The manual for this thing leaves a lot to be desired.

Can anyone help us.

Thanks
mine isn't a NUVI but i must have the same manual, pretty frustrating sometimes, seems like they never actually tell u how to do anything, mine even has an online site thats supposed to help but it has about the same stuff as the manual, they let u ask questions so i did once, three days later they responded and said to call them toll free, that was about an hour on the phone to talk about 3 minutes but i did get my simple question answered, good luck

·
Registered
311 Posts
It's actually quite easy. Tap the blue icon next to the Arrival time, then tap Stop.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lee

Thanks for responding. When I press the "Stop" icon, it stops navigating but it does not cancel the route. Am I missing a step somewhere?

The only way I have been able to cancel a route is when I have reached the destination on that route.

Thanks again
Ed

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a Nuvi 660 and it's simply not supposed to be any more difficult than pressing the "Stop" button on the main page. On mine at least, this removes that "Stop" button AND the "Detour" button next to it. Then, if you select "View Map" if should just show your vehicle traveling on the street and there should otherwise be no guidance markings and the little checkered flag at the end of your route. You have canceled your route entirely.

If this is not happening with your Nuvi I would contact Garmin customer service at 800-800-1020 as soon as you can.

If you otherwise don't care to contact Garmin, there are many serious 660 users in GPS Passion's Nuvi-specific forum that could help you too: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/foru ... RUM_ID=172

Best of luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ED,

Mine works exactly as mbresso said. Give Garmin a call.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys, it seems to be working now. I think the nut behind the steering wheel is loose.

Thanks so much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts