GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following are irritants about the Nuvi software. I am curious if any Zumo owners/users experience the same issues. The 2 that bother me the most are not being able to refine a search and a BACK button that would return directly to the map display, the Street Pilot series had those capabilities.

Lack of selection criteria when searching for lodging, motels and campgrounds are all lumped together. If a campground is 20 miles away it will probably never be shown in all of the motels that are listed. The same is true of attractions, try and find a list of churches in a city.

Also when trying to find an attraction the GPS periodically resets back to the beginning of the list and you must scroll through the list again. This may be related to the mileage to the shown locations changing while the bike is in motion.

Having to back out of the search screens all the way back to the map page, need a return to map selection. You can get back to the main menu by holding the BACK button but that also clears out the destination that you were being guided to.

After the latest update from Garmin (Software 4.0) the GPS does not always announce the distance to the turn at the next to last warning before the turn. It just says “Turn right on 8th street” even though you are not yet there.

After stopping and then entering a new Go To destination there are often no directions to the first turn, the GPS says “turn right on Main St.” even though you don't know where Main St. is. This occurs even if the GPS knows my location and direction. Main St. could actually be behind me. I need to verify this again.

I have frequently seen the turn indicator showing a 90 degree turn in one direction while the voice command is telling me to turn the other way. This may only occur at the end of an off-ramp. I need to verify that.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The following are irritants about the Nuvi software. I am curious if any Zumo owners/users experience the same issues. The 2 that bother me the most are not being able to refine a search and a BACK button that would return directly to the map display, the Street Pilot series had those capabilities.

Lack of selection criteria when searching for lodging, motels and campgrounds are all lumped together. If a campground is 20 miles away it will probably never be shown in all of the motels that are listed. The same is true of attractions, try and find a list of churches in a city.
I can usually modify my search to get the results I want. e.g. for campgrounds I would SPELL Camp and for Churches I would SPELL Lutheran

Also when trying to find an attraction the GPS periodically resets back to the beginning of the list and you must scroll through the list again. This may be related to the mileage to the shown locations changing while the bike is in motion.
Annoying, but we're not supposed to manipulate the GPS while in motion, although I've given it to my wife to play with when we're in any traffic.

Having to back out of the search screens all the way back to the map page, need a return to map selection. You can get back to the main menu by holding the BACK button but that also clears out the destination that you were being guided to.

After the latest update from Garmin (Software 4.0) the GPS does not always announce the distance to the turn at the next to last warning before the turn. It just says “Turn right on 8th street” even though you are not yet there.

After stopping and then entering a new Go To destination there are often no directions to the first turn, the GPS says “turn right on Main St.” even though you don't know where Main St. is. This occurs even if the GPS knows my location and direction. Main St. could actually be behind me. I need to verify this again.

I have frequently seen the turn indicator showing a 90 degree turn in one direction while the voice command is telling me to turn the other way. This may only occur at the end of an off-ramp. I need to verify that.
Maybe but I haven't noticed these or they just never bothered me.

On my 750 the audio out connector was so poorly soldered that it came loose inside after just 1 year. When I opened the back it fell out. On the 770T that replaced it I handled it with kid gloves and the connector still came loose on 1 channel. Now I use the FM transmitter and it's so underpowered as to be practically useless. I can increase the power out but the setting never holds, resetting almost every time I turn the unit on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts