GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondeirng if anyone else from here is going to the show this year?

I know that it's mostly for the custom and sport crowd... but I figure I'll head in one of those days to take a peek.

Right now, I'm planning on Friday afternoon/evening when I get off work at 3PM. That's usually when it's less crowded than the next 2 days on the weekend.

Tom

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Tom,

Is that one of those NY LOTO machines, above your traffic screen?....LOL You guys got it good...>LOL

I won't attend again this year. Just too much traffic and a general pain for me to go.

Nice to see the Custom machines, but once the floor gets busy, I hardly see anything at 5'4"...LOL

Have a good visit.

Dawg

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bulldog said:
Is that one of those NY LOTO machines, above your traffic screen?....LOL You guys got it good...>LOL

Dawg
LOL.. no such luck. The Lotto machines are much newer technology than what you see there.

That, my friend, is what they call IDS-4. It is the display we have for current weather, NOTAMS, etc.

It is MS-DOS based. You get that? DOS!!! :shock:

That's the technology the US Gov't is still running on here, at what could be argued as the world's most complex ATC facility.

Let me stop before I climb up on THAT soapbox. :x

Anyway.. c'mon down, Dawg. No need to drive all the way. You & Meesh can take the train down from Terrytown... check out the show, and then have dinner in the city. ;-)

The main reason I'm going to the show is to check out & straddle one or two of the new BMW's and see how it fits. Not that I'm thinking of buying one, but if I decide to go on any of the main European bike tours in the future... that's what they offer for rental.

Plus I fugure I'll check and see what other specials and/or freebies the vendors there have.

:)
Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'll be there. I might even find something new to put on the bike(s).

The Zumo 550 is the latest addition.

How about you Norman? Your bike could use some chrome!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: 8)

Just a few reasons I DID NOT even think of gettin' into bein' a tower FAA Dude:

I was a Tactical Intercept Controller kinda guy which equates to bein' a Banger versus 1k sep and 10 degrees kinda guy. :roll: :lol:

The stress guys like Tom and BullDog endure doin' it would it kill me or drive me back to drinkin'. :twisted:

The Boss told me to get a gig makin' some decent money with less stress than when I was in uniform and for most the most part mission accomplished. 8)

My hat's off to the FAA contollers who can survive that gig and still have a life.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If I got chrome for my bike, it would need to be self polishing. Bill, I see that you took the cocktail mixer and the coffee mafor the picture,

·
Registered
124 Posts
Self polishing? Get one of your girlfriends to polish the chrome! (like Nancy would even polish her bikes)

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bumping this, in case anyone local is going and wants to meet up there.

As far as I know.. I'll arrive shortly after 4PM on Friday.

Tom

·
Registered
660 Posts
RadarContact said:
Just bumping this, in case anyone local is going and wants to meet up there.

As far as I know.. I'll arrive shortly after 4PM on Friday.

Tom
Wifey and I will be there. We're going to get into Manhattan early to grab a bite to eat and take in the Manhattan experience. We're very Eastern Long Island......

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am not currently a wing owner but plan on being one very soon. I will be at the show Friday about 4 to check out color choices in person :D Hope to get to meet some wing owners there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wingabago said:
Be sure to check out the new Victory touring bike.

Don
Going to check out everything but am biased towards Honda (currently own 2) just need something to handle the longer journeys.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be leaving straight from work... hoping that the rain/sleet/snow/whatever has stopped by then. :)

Should be wearing my blue GoldWing jacket. If ya see me, feel free to say "Hello" and introduce yourself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
RadarContact said:
I'll be leaving straight from work... hoping that the rain/sleet/snow/whatever has stopped by then. :)

Should be wearing my blue GoldWing jacket. If ya see me, feel free to say "Hello" and introduce yourself.

The wet weather is supposed to stop by morning, may be just windy in the evening. I am taking the train which gets to penn at 3:34 so I dont have to deal with weather/parking. I will look out for you, I will be the guy hovering over the wings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts