GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used ****-O-Pegs KA for years on my 1995 GL1500 and they were great. That bike had the wide engine guards to get around so I thought nothing of having my legs wider. Just loved getting them down some to relieve the tension on my hips. When we upgraded to a 2005 GL1800 tried the KA ****-O-Pegs 2 different times and ended up selling them each time. Did not like how they moved my legs wider than I wanted. Used 6 or 7 different types of highway pegs but was never really happy. Changed to a 2009 GL1800 a couple years ago and continued the same process of changing pegs every year or so. Found a new to me ****-O-Peg set on this site for sale used called GB. Had never heard of them and they mounted vertically on the highway bar not horizontally like all the others. Bought them to try but did not really have much confidence they would be better. Mounted them all the way down on the Vertical bar and tried them out. They brought my legs in closer and just below the brake. Close to the ground but comfortable. Found them almost to far to reach which surprised me since on the web site it says for 31-32" inseem's. I'm 6'3" and 280lbs and have a 33" inseam. Took them for several rides and I've been impressed and I'm going to keep them. Ordered the RIVCO Pegs that match well with several of the ****-O-Pegs that are discussed on their site. Mounted them today and love the look and find the fit really nice. Attached a couple pictures. Could not find much written about these pegs which is why I'm submitting the review. Maybe someone else is in the same situation.
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Good review. Sounds like you like them as much as I like mine. Very similar setup and mounted the same way, but the legs on mine aren't bent quite so far out, they are longer and straighter with the black tubular knurled foot pegs on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which model are yours? Putting out more information is great. Their product is great but the information on the website doesn't really help like I'd want it too.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Good review. Sounds like you like them as much as I like mine. Very similar setup and mounted the same way, but the legs on mine aren't bent quite so far out, they are longer and straighter with the black tubular knurled foot pegs on them.

What year is your bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Got my GQ's mounted as far up on the vert as they'll go to keep from draggin' the block.
The pegs on the other hand are a lost cause, I tend to ride 'em all the way in>:)

Enjoy 'em Brother:wink2:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Which model are yours? Putting out more information is great. Their product is great but the information on the website doesn't really help like I'd want it too.
I bought them used, and they were not put together correctly when I received them. I talked with the guys at RidingIsWonderful.com about how to mount them, and they figured they were model GQ's, which normally you'd think would be too long for me, but they are actually perfect, because they give me 2 or 3 options of where to put my feet - on the pegs, foot up the arm with heel on the peg, or heel hooked over the peg.

https://www.ridingiswonderful.com/page30.php

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What a beautiful bike. Do you ride it much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you, I love it. I put 10,000 miles on it last year, but this year I hope to do better than that!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hey Dan, was diggin' around on ****-O's site (cause I'd never heard of the GB's before and was wondering if they'd give me alittle more clearance). Looks like yours have gotta be F or Q's, they're the only ones that mount on the vert (B's would be on horizontal).
I chose the Q's because of less "drop" for more ground clearance:wink2:
http://ridingiswonderful.com/page13.php

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for your post vanavyman, thats great to know. I just bought some KAs and looks like I should have got those but dont remember seeing them. Kinda makes me sick spending $329!:crying: Lol. I have a 34" inseam and ride a 2008.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dan, was diggin' around on ****-O's site (cause I'd never heard of the GB's before and was wondering if they'd give me alittle more clearance). Looks like yours have gotta be F or Q's, they're the only ones that mount on the vertical bar (B's would be on horizontal).
I chose the Q's because of less "drop" for more ground clearance:wink2:
http://ridingiswonderful.com/page13.php
Whiskey is right. My Pegs are not GB. Sent the pictures to Jim at **** O Pegs and he said they are definitely a G, but not a GB. A GB would mount on the Horizontal bar. He thinks they are a GF but asked me to look on the leg under the mount to see if they are stamped. So they are a GF or GQ. Hate to be passing along the wrong info. Thanks Whiskey for the correction. Attached are a couple pictures with the Rivco Peg mounted.
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yeah, I'd say F's. That last pic is definitely more drop than my Q's
(and you said they're a reach even as tall as you are).
Rivco's look great on 'em!
(Only use 'em on the highway if ya want 'em to stay that way>:))

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I definitely don't use the ****-O-Pegs on corners. They are awesome on long straight stretches though, and now that I have the handlebar risers installed, I can get into a "set back, legs extended, arms akimbo" position that I think will extend my 600+ mile daily record.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts