GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you put another footboard in addition to the Mic-O-Pegs. I would like to try and have a place to put feet out as well as down. I wanted to mount on the vertical bar. Got the 4056 from Kuryakyn, won't fit. Any ideas???

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I have seen some who have the 4050 mounted on the lower bar, ahead of the **** O Pegs. I would assume that you could do the same with the 4056.

I am trying to come up with a way to make a horizontally moving **** O Peg that attaches to the vertical bar and looks good. I have one on mine and love its function, but the looks are a bit bulky and it is very expensive. Jim **** may still be doing something with this, but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I will post some pictures and instructions if I come up with anything remotely acceptable. In the meantime, here is a link to what I have now.

HORZONTAL **** O PEG

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ddking...

Thanks for the post and pic. It is kind of hard to see with the glare. I tried the 4056 and won't fit with outside edge of engine. Looked at the horizontal bar with the MOP. This may not the the peg setup as there is not enough room. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Found this about mounting them on the vertical.

From ELKK

They are easily mounted on the vertical bar by knocking out the hinge pin and assembling them on the vertical bar, then re-insert the pin from the top. If you already have them on the vertical bar you might want to take a look and make sure the hinge pin drops in from the top so it doesn't fall out.

From Son of Thunder

Hey, with a little help from my friend, Rick Kagamaster, we moved my pegs from the horizontal bar to the vertical, last night.

Here's what we discovered.

Leave the black support thingie on. When you're done, it rests against the front of the valve cover instead of the bottom. In order to get the clamp to fit in place between the engine guard and cowling, we removed the clamp's hinge pin. (It's held in place with a C-clip. As a replacement, a 1/8" C-clip from Home Depot works great.)

You have to turn the geared face of the support clamp around, so that it inclines upward instead of downward in order to get the angle right.

Finally, in order to get the right peg to pivot to the proper angle, we removed the footpeg itself from the piece it swivels on (the piece that allows it to fold up and out of the way when not it use), spun it 180 on its axis, and reattached it. Be careful not to lose the shim when you do that last part.

This gave us the angle we needed!

Hope that's not too confusing.

If you want more, post a question about vertical mounting the 4056.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts