GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in obtaining a set of **** O Pegs for my 05 Wing. I presently have the Baker Foot Wings installed. After reviewing the MOP website info and looking at my bike carefully, I am uncertain if you can have both items. I have also been communicating with Jim **** about purchasing a set of MOP's.

It looks like there might not be room to install the MOP bracket if you have the foot wings installed.

Anyone faced this situation? Can you use both at the same time? Will the MOP's function with the Baker FW's installed?

One other question is, those that have purchased the used MOP's, were you satisfied with the quality for the money or, would you recommend getting the new unused which are slightly more expensive?

Thanks much. :)

Todd

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Got em all, work great. Will post picture in the next few hours.

Here's a few pics with my Bakerbuilts. Hope it helps. Also included my custom made MOP heat shield. Excuse the dirty bike. Haven't had a chance to clean it. Too busy riding. Priorities you know.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
wvnnva said:
you satisfied with the quality for the money or, would you recommend getting the new unused which are slightly more expensive?
It all depends on how important it is to to have pegs that don't have any nicks or scratches. Some of the used sets will have them. But they will operate exactly like new. And you won't find a better vendor than Jim ****.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stick, thank you very much. I will anxiously await the photos for they truly are/can be worth a thousand words. I appreciate your helpfulness.

DanD, thank you for your thoughts about the used MOP's. I suppose eventually all of them will have nicks and scratches if you ride with the long enough. Seems like a good way to save a few bucks. I am debating whether to get the HD springs in case I want to use a different foot peg. Oh, your write ups are very helpful and I appreciate you making them available to others. :D

BTW, I hope you are healing well. Are you allowed to go near your bike yet? :wink: Trust you will be riding again before too long. Take care and continue to heal.

Todd

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I'm now hobbling around without a cane, but I don't have much stamina and there is still a significant amount of pain. But it's a lot better than the alternative. :lol:

I've only seen pictures of the bike and it's totaled. The other driver's insurance company stinks. They're lowballing me and won't pay for destroyed accessories. To top it off, Georgia's legislature recently passed a law making it very risky financially to take them to court. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am debating whether to get the HD springs in case I want to use a different foot peg.
Just installed a used set of MOP's and decided to use my old Kury foot pegs. they are a little heavier than the stocks. Are there different springs I can get??

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Mama Chicken said:
I am debating whether to get the HD springs in case I want to use a different foot peg.
Just installed a used set of MOP's and decided to use my old Kury foot pegs. they are a little heavier than the stocks. Are there different springs I can get??
You will need to get new block caps, new springs, and new legs. They cost around $100. You might call Jim and see if he can do a trade in. I don't know if he can or not.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I was told by Jim at MOP a couple of months ago that there is no retrofit for the larger springs as everything is different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts