GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DD, I know you are a BIG proponent of the ****-O-Pegs and I've got a couple of questions for you.

I currently have the Kury Ergo Lighted Boards and really am not very comfortable with them. I believe in some previous posts you yours, you've said you are over 6'. I'm only 5'10 1/2".

One of the problems I have with the boards is that when I get situated (which is normally only one leg at a time or I feel like a darn wish bone), I'm not all that comfortable. The other problem I've got is the heat from the valve covers being against my lower leg/upper ankle area.

Do the MPeg's alleviate the big wish-bone and drop your feet enough that your ankle/lower leg stay away from the valve covers?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet, but just sitting on the bike with my feet on the Mic-o-pegs the calfs of my legs are a fair distance from the valve covers. I don't think there is any problem of getting burt like with the Kuryakans.
I took my 4056 off and installed the Mic-o-pegs because of the same problem you encountered.
Don

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: ****-O-Pegs (DDKing in particular and others with the Mp

Orange Bandit 4 said:
DD, I know you are a BIG proponent of the ****-O-Pegs and I've got a couple of questions for you.

I currently have the Kury Ergo Lighted Boards and really am not very comfortable with them. I believe in some previous posts you yours, you've said you are over 6'. I'm only 5'10 1/2".

One of the problems I have with the boards is that when I get situated (which is normally only one leg at a time or I feel like a darn wish bone), I'm not all that comfortable. The other problem I've got is the heat from the valve covers being against my lower leg/upper ankle area.

Do the MPeg's alleviate the big wish-bone and drop your feet enough that your ankle/lower leg stay away from the valve covers?

Thanks all.
A lot will depend on your inseam. I assume you have the stock seat. Model D or even L might be the best for comfort because there is no wishbone effect. They are useable in straight or gentle curves where you do not speed. Otherwise they will scrape. Let me know your inseam and I can probably get some more accurate info to you.

Dan

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Here is some copy from the site:

Will Model D or L work for you?
Try putting your feet forward and down from your stock foot pegs. Slide them in so that the ends of your brake and shift levers touch your ankle bones. If you can get your boots in that little space, you'll be close to the Model D position. Model L is up about 1 1/2" from that so your levers will touch below your ankle bones when you slide your feet in from the "pegs".
I would put something on the floor and put my feet on them to see where I felt the most comfortable and see where my ankle hits. If your ankle is above the shift lever, you want L. If it hits the lever, you want D. If it is below the lever, you will want something else. Both of these models place your feet to the inside of the peg. There is a model that can put it on the outside and would also be used if you have driver's boards. Inseam and shoe size info will help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got the ****-O-Pegs at WOTS last fall, so haven't put tons of miles on them yet. I could never imagine riding spread eagle with traditional hiway pegs, so never looked seriously at any. The MOP's are great! Especially for pounding miles away on the interstate they offer for me a comfortable change of pace.

But my contribution to this thread is that yes, you need to be careful around the valve covers. I get hot spots on the insides of my calves if I just carelessly slip onto the pegs and forget about it for awhile. Not burns, but it made me move right quick to get off the cover!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comeback Dan.

My inseam is 30" and I have an after market seat (Hartco Pro Tour) set back a little and cut in for my thighs.

I am also seriously considering the heel/toe shifter with floor boards. I just plain miss them from my KZP 1000 and two GL 1500's.

Your post said something about a model for those with floor boards. May be what I need?

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Darryl,

Good info. You will want model E. You still will want to find out where your feet are the most comfortable related to the shifter lever and brake pedal. Again, if your feet are more comfortable with your ankles even with the lever and pedal, straight model E is what you want.

But if your foot position is more comfortable with your ankle higher than the lever and the pedal, make note of that in your order and ask for an L block with an E leg. [I know these terms don't mean anything to you, but Jim **** will immediately know what you mean.]

This model will put your feet on the outside of the peg and just a little further from the valve covers. You should not have any burning problems.

I would be glad to answer any other questions you have. The ***** saved my butt when I thought I'd bought a bike on which I would never get comfortable. One good thing is that Jim will refund the purchase price if you don't like them. [He cannot afford to refund shipping, so the total risk is only about $23 to you. But very, very few people don't keep them.]

Dan

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Orange Bandit

Orange Bandit, My wife Holly is 5'10' with a 29" inseam. Her ****-O-Pegs work GREAT. She has them set up so her legs are just slightly bent. She started out with the shorter model. Then she decided that the next longer ones would work better. Jim switched them out & she can ride all day without her legs getting cramped or tired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts