GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Send an e-mail to ddking asking him about the ****'s. He seems to be the resident expert.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
For me there are no cons. I think the only thing some do not like is that they do not look like traditional pegs. But they will post and let you know. The best thing about them is that they allow you to stretch your legs down instead of out and around the fairing. No leg bumping against the fairing. No spread eagle. Just plain comfortable. I guess this might be a con for some. Because they go down, it does reduce your ability to lean and you must put your feet back on the driver's boards to do serious leaning [unless you have the new prototype horizontally moving peg.] They now come in two basic types: Innies and Outies [my terms.] Innies allow you to put your feet on the inside of the peg and Outies the opposite. It will probably be summer before they come out with the horizontal peg.

What kind you get depends on your leg inseam and what you want a peg to do. I'm a 34" inseam for my jeans and prefer the Outies. You can take a look at these posts for more info and pictures of my bike. They are very long. I met a board member today at the Atlanta MC Show so he could test them. Got on and immediately said they were what he needed. That won't be the case for everyone, but I think you will find others posting that you can have their MOPs over their dead bodies. They are that comfortable.

Anyone, feel free to ask questions on the board or email and I'll give you any info I can. The web site is www.ridingiswonderful.com. I have no relationship with the business. But through working with Jim to come up with something that helped me, I have become good friends. You will not find anyone better to work with than Jim ****.

http://64.191.30.178/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

http://64.191.30.178/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12122#12122 [This is the horizontal prototype. If you followed the link to it from the above URL, skip it here.]

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dan,

Looks like I am going to have to give them another try at Americade. I am a little short shirt. Got to see if they have changed enough to work for me.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Bulldog,

Either model L or K/L might work. If you are looking to get your feet higher and Kurys don't come back far enough, one thing I experimented with was mounting MOPs on the opposite side from which they were intended. [I always abuse somebody's good ideas by doing things backwards.] This makes them higher but, instead of springing down, they will be stationary unless they hit the ground. Then they would go up rather than grinding into the ground. You might see if Jim would mount them that way at Americade so you could check them out. If they felt good, it wouldn't matter which model you used. I imagine he would be cautious about doing this. But like I say, I never hesitate to think outside the box. In this case, I'm so far outside, I'm inside the next box over.

If anyone tries this, DO NOT EVER EXCHANGE THE SPRINGS. That would ruin them. [Don't ask me how I know.] In fact, if you try this and like it, I would take the springs out, identify each as to which side it goes to and store them. They would not be needed at all.

Dan

·
Registered
48 Posts
**** o Pegs

I put on a set o **** o pegs about a month ago and really like them.
I'm 6'5" and wanted something to really help me stretch out. For straight highway riding and moderate turns they are great. I got the K/A type.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: **** o Pegs

PHDblue said:
I put on a set o **** o pegs about a month ago and really like them.
I'm 6'5" and wanted something to really help me stretch out. For straight highway riding and moderate turns they are great. I got the K/A type.
Look for the new one Jim is working on. It will mount to the vertical bar and move forward horizontally. If he gets it done in time, I'll get to test it when he comes through on his way to Daytona. I really like my makeshift version of this peg. His should look much better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haste Maker,

Love my ****-O-Pegs. They are very comfortable. When first installed, I had them adjusted so that my legs were straight and that was not too comfortable for me. I moved them up and back a bit so that my legs were bent slightly and that seems to be just right. If I want to stretch my legs all the way out I just rest my heel on top of the peg. Once you get them adjusted to what feels comfortable, I think you will find they work great. You learn how much lean you can get away with before scraping them in the curves. When you do, they just spring up, and Jim sells the replacement pegs if you scrape them off too much. I am 6'4", with 32" inseam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts