GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Jim **** at the Novi Motorcycle Show today and purhcased a set of his ****-O-Pegs.
I purchased his K model after sitting on Jim's GL1800 with the two diffirent models.
Now just have to wait for the snow to leave so I can get the bike out to give them a try.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don you won't be sorry. I bought mine when they first came availavle for the 1800. Jim spent all the time necessary to make sure I got the right fit. Then when the new K arm became available he sent me a set to replace the originals. I too have the K arm with the A block. He is now working on a spring that will allow us to use any type of peg. His product as well as himself are top notch. He truly does care about the customer. You will be comfortable. Let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had Jim **** put the K model on my 1800 at Wings over the Smokies last year and I'm telling you, that man has the best product on the market as far as I'm concerned!
He's also extremely "customer friendly" as, he sent me (at NO EXTRA COST) a spare set of the pegs! My originals were smooth and I'd written and asked for a set that were knurled-cut and he sent them right away.
WHAT A GUY!!!

Keep up the good work and customer relations, Jim! :cop2: :capwin:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the MBL riser's installed along with the KromeWerks back rest. The K model I believe will give me the most comfort. I'm 5'11" so I needed the extra length.
I have the 4056 Kuryakn foot pegs but was never really that happy with their positioning.
The ****-O-Pegs being at this show was a pleasant surprise in that I could actually sit on the bike with the two different models and compare them.
That's the nice thing about these shows.
Hopefully now I won't get to comfortable :lol:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
More and more of us are learning. Congrats, Don. You definately will enjoy them. I'm looking for some kind of electronic shifter so I never need to take my feet off of my K/D *****. Anyone know of anything?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just put this on a few days ago and love them. The only thing that bothered me was the aluminum pegs with the open end. I understand the weight issues, I just didn't want water collecting, etc. A quick trip to a bicycle shop and $1.07 later and I have plugs which look like they were designed for it.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
After spending last summer getting aquainted with the Goldwing, I decided I need some sort of highway pegs. I've been plnning on a set of Kury pegs, but now I'm wondering about the ****-o-pegs. Anyone who's tried both care to comment?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Lucky 777 said:
After spending last summer getting aquainted with the Goldwing, I decided I need some sort of highway pegs. I've been plnning on a set of Kury pegs, but now I'm wondering about the ****-o-pegs. Anyone who's tried both care to comment?
I have not had both on my bike. I have been able to sit on bikes with Kurys and this is what I found. The Kurys require you to lift your feet higher and further forward. For me, raising my feet put added pressure on my butt, making it sore. I found this out when I made my own MOP design and built one that put my feet up high. The ***** take your feet down, allowing your thighs to continue supporting your weight while at the same time stretching out your legs.

I'm not saying you would not like Kurys. Just relating my experience. Contact Mesquite Bob as he has both on his bike and see what he says

·
Registered
185 Posts
****'s hands down over Kury! At least that is true in my case. I am 6'2 and the Kurys had my knees up about level with my shoulders!! If I lowered the pegs, they drug the ground. The thought of a peg "catching" in the asphalt was not a pleasant one.
The old saying "it ain't the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop" kept coming to mind.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How about a website

Can someone please post a website so the rest of us can check out the ****-o-pegs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
For Lucky777

I had the Kurys on my bike, in fact I have like four different set-ups from Kuryakyn and they're all in a box in the closet. I'm 6'3" and NOW i'm 218. None of these were ever comfortale for me. The ***** solved that problem as well as a Corbin seat and originally the V&P risers which have recently switched to the MBL. I am now as comfortable as I'm gonna get. On the other hand the Kuryakyns are great on my Harley.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Thanks for the insight guys. I'm about 5'9", and 175 pounds. I'd like to stretch my legs, but don't nescessarily want to lean back. The idea of the Kury's digging in to the pavement doesn't give me the warm fuzzies either. It looks like **** will be getting my cash.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I've had the MOPs for around 20,000 miles now and have learned a few things. If you keep your feet down on them they will scrape in anything more than a moderate turn. You learn to "feel" when your heel will begin to scrape and lift it so it doesn't. In more severe turns, you must either pick your foot up (not too comfortable), of go back to the foot pegs.

Knowing this, I wouldn't take off on a long trip without them. After you've put on a couple of hundred miles in the morning, it feels really good to be able to stretch your legs out without putting a great deal of weight on your tail bone (even more uncomfortable). I have the model that are curved and allow your feet to rest at a more natural position (not sure of the model number anymore). I know that Jim **** is working on a stronger spring so you can replace the open aluminum foot rests with something "more substantial", but I'm not sure if these would be more confortable or not. Maybe I'll try them if Jim is at Americade this year and has them ready by then.

Working with Jim is pure joy. He has always been supportive of our needs as GL1800 riders, and is just generally a fine Christian man. Its a pleasure doing business with him.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
MesquiteBob said:
I've had the MOPs for around 20,000 miles now and have learned a few things. If you keep your feet down on them they will scrape in anything more than a moderate turn. You learn to "feel" when your heel will begin to scrape and lift it so it doesn't. In more severe turns, you must either pick your foot up (not too comfortable), of go back to the foot pegs.
Thanks to having a high seat [Diamond] I can use the K/D model which allows quite a bit of lean. If my seat were lower, the pegs would have to be lower. I'm still using my makeshift horizontal pegs for the twisties. I finally managed to lean far enough to scrape one, but discovered all I have to do is point my toe and pull back on the peg to avoid any chance of scraping. I haven't heard yet if Jim has a prototype of this yet, but it is fun.

In fact, I now hate to even have to move my feet off of my *****, so I'm going to get a Klicktronic Shifter so I can keep my feet on the K/D's.

KLIKTRONIC

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Wayne, when you're not using them, they retract up to about the same level as the Valve Covers and represent no threat of scrapping in the curves.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts