GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eight days after the last one started, here comes another large dump of snow on the Denver metro area.
Forecasts are for between 1 and 2' for here in the city (not the foothills like Dave, but down in the town).
My yard is till 2' deep from the last one!
This for all intents and purposes basically eliminates any chance of a New Year's Day ride.
Dern it!
There is not a snow shovel, blower, or salt to be found at any of the local big-box hardware stores.
I'd better put another bottle of wine in the fridge!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just saw it on the news here in jersey do me a favor can you keep it there we are having a great winter here no SNOW an we are still riding

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
No New Years ride. Bums me out too. The alley where my garage is, is so messed up I may not get the wing out till March. Yikes.

I was talking to a friend at Home Depot where they are out of snow shovels etc, and he commented on how he did not understand how anyone living in Colorado could not have already had a snow shovel. I agreeded, I have at least 3 or 4 lying around.

It is snowing now. A White Christmans and a White New Year.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rickster said:
he commented on how he did not understand how anyone living in Colorado could not have already had a snow shovel.
I've got a shovel (two actually) - but I broke one a couple of days ago while trying to widen the snow to the edges of the driveway.
I was in Lowes a couple afternoons ago and they had six snow-blowers. By the time I went back to get one (with a truck) the next morning, they were all gone. $600 each and they sold out like hot-cakes!
Table out on the deck is already 3" to 4" deep. Crap.
We need to have a Colorado Wing rider meet 'n greet 'fore too long. Maybe down Monument or C. Springs way.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Really coming down at my place in Woodland Park all day long. I'd say that I already have about 8-10" of fresh stuff. Temps hanging around 28-29, so this one is much wetter than the one last week. Gets slick underneath real quick. I've already plowed the driveway (and the neighbor's) once, but if it keeps this up all night I might be in trouble tomorrow. And I was supposed to be flying to Vegas tomorrow morning -- NOTTTTTT!

No riding for me for a while, that's for sure!!!!

2,732 Posts
Northern Colorado report

It's coming down really thick up here in Loveland. Rained most of the afternoon and melted a good amount of the 3 feet of snow we had setting around but this looks like a replenishment :lol: so that we don't run out! Heaven forbid! We got all three fireplaces going and we are snuggled in for the duration. Wifey went to the store and stocked up on soup, crackers and everything else we might need. Got the John Deere tractor w/snowblower attachment backed into the garage so I can come out with all "augers turning and blowing" when it stops. Until then, we are settling in and watching some good programs on the TV. I will do a New Year's ride even if it's just around the block, can't break my record of 6 years riding on the 1st day of the new year.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
OK, just to rub it in, it was 70° here in Jacksonville today. Not a cloud in the sky, but a little breezy with an onshore flow. More of the same tomorrow with a forecast high of 79°.

Sorry. Had to do it.

Bartman

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Must be tough being you. It was 72 here, nice and comfy riding weather. 8)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I guess this means no Brass Monkey Ride on Sunday. :eek:4: I have not missed it in years but this may be the first. Dang I might just have to stud the tires on the dirt bike and go ride anyway. DOH!

The cloud mass to the south is even thick enough tonight that the Satellite TV is not working. ARGGG! what to do?

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
787 Posts
Down here in the “banana belt” of Colorado it’s even snowing for a change. The last storm just brought us wind and tumbleweeds! :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Snowing and blowing all day here in Monument -- almost a foot deep and much wetter than last week's blizzard. Grandbabies and daughter and son-in-law here, so much entertainment!!

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Hmmmmm, let me think this out...

Live here in Central Florida where today was nice around low 70's, but a tad windy on the lake front playing 18 holes of golf...or

Living in 3-5' of snow eating crackers and wondering when I might have to go out and use a shovel to clean my walk-way off and plow the drive way along with a neighbors driveway... Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
FireEater said:

Live here in Central Florida where today was nice around low 70's, but a tad windy on the lake front playing 18 holes of golf...or

Living in 3-5' of snow eating crackers and wondering when I might have to go out and use a shovel to clean my walk-way off and plow the drive way along with a neighbors driveway... Hmmmmmmmm
Actually with big snows like this it is a very beautiful time. A couple of bad days and then it will be beautiful (or at least, that's what it has done in the past, now I'm not sure)!!!!

W

·
0 Posts
I rode on Christmas day and perhaps will be able to do the same on New Years day. It could be rainy.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I guess it's just me. I thought posting about a winter snow storm in Colorado is like posting about a summer heat wave in Florida.

Dont you always get snow there? I thought it was your thing. Silly me. :wink:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
wingnutzz said:
Really coming down at my place in Woodland Park all day long. I'd say that I already have about 8-10" of fresh stuff. Temps hanging around 28-29, so this one is much wetter than the one last week. Gets slick underneath real quick. I've already plowed the driveway (and the neighbor's) once, but if it keeps this up all night I might be in trouble tomorrow. And I was supposed to be flying to Vegas tomorrow morning -- NOTTTTTT!

No riding for me for a while, that's for sure!!!!
Hey Dave,

I guess that's the price you'd have to pay to live in Paradise. If I had a choice, I'd rather live in Colorado and enjoy all those wonderfully curvy roads that State has to offer, even if on a limited time basis, than to live here in New Jersey with its highest mountain at a little over 2,000 feet.....borrrring!!!!!

Rest assured that before long, you'll be riding those great roads once again, and you know what? You'll be riding them much sooner than the rest of us.

Ride safely,

Mike

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey, you guys in Colorado wanna stop hogging all the snow?!

Some of us here in the NorthEast are trying to sell snowmobiles and it's tough when you see green grass everywhere! :wink: :wink:

I think I'll go mow the lawn.........

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
wingnutzz said:
FireEater said:

Actually with big snows like this it is a very beautiful time. A couple of bad days and then it will be beautiful (or at least, that's what it has done in the past, now I'm not sure)!!!!
Dave, have you been raiding the liquor cabinet again? :)
I don't care if I EVER see snow again... nothing pretty about it for
me. Oh yea, all together now... "BUT WE NEED THE WATER".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts