GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just some info for those who, like me ,
might not have been aware of this warranty information.
I have a 2002 bike with no extended warranty , i had the right side O2 sensor go out on me, (while riding in the rain) at the 6000mile mark. . I Posted on here for some information, and i was informed by one of the members (DrtiBird) that the Honda bikes (possible others) have a 5 year 18,641 mile :shock: :shock: (30,000km :lol: :lol: ) Emissions Warranty , seperate from the bike warranty . ( which for my bike ran out about 4 months ago).
The service rep at my local honda dealer didn't know anything about it either . He said that he only remembered ever replacing one O2 sensor on a 1800. Anyway , after DrtiBird was good enought to e-mail me a copy of the emissions warranty to show to my dealer, they replaced it with no problem . Saved me about $135.00 , this is what the local dealer would charge for the part alone.
I found it strange that the dealer wasn't familiar with the warranty, but then again , they are a small volume Goldwing dealer. ] While checking the warranty record on my bike we found that the original owner had the left side replaced at around the 3000 mile mark.
Just thought i would share this information with others.
Joe

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,198 Posts
Glad that worked out good. :D Alot of people don't realize it, but that emission warranty covers the whole fuel injection system, sensors and all! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bulldog .,
Yeah , it was at Palmers , in fact , i stopped there to pick up the sensor on my way home from your place , the day i got the rear tire on.
Joe.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Joe Chindemi said:
. I Posted on here for some information, and i was informed by one of the members (DrtiBird) that the Honda bikes (possible others) have a 5 year 18,641 mile :shock: :shock: (30,000km :lol: :lol: ) Emissions Warranty , seperate from the bike warranty . ( which for my bike ran out about 4 months ago).
Joe
Glad it worked out for you but that warranty is not going to help most Wing owners that have a 02 sensor go bad because most Wing owners will have more than 18641 miles on the bike by the second riding season. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts