GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Margaret and I made a trip up to the General Store today in the Jeep. Had one of those real good burgers and some pie with 2 scoops of ice cream. (y) (y)

While there I took the following pic. They tore down the old building West of the parking lot and are building a covered outside seating area to replace it. Looks to be a pretty good size area. He told me it should be ready in about a week.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks great! Did you guys go out the back way?
We came in from the South on a different route than I've traveled before, then went East to highway 21 from the General Store. I found a couple of back roads that Margaret was not too happy with. She was concerned about the bushes hitting the side of the Jeep and a couple mud holes, then the area that wasn't really a road, more like a trail. But I had a wonderful time!!😄 😄:cool:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
@ Monk you didn't try to impress your wife by eating a salad and no desert? Now she knows exactly what you're eating when you go riding. ;)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode in on the back way 'once'.......:oops::rolleyes:

My pretty passenger wasn't to thrilled with it!!

This was 5 yrs ago and I have not been back that way...:)
Haha, sounds like a familiar story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't a problem in the Jeep!! ;):cool:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ Monk you didn't try to impress your wife by eating a salad and no desert? Now she knows exactly what you're eating when you go riding. ;)

No problem really ... it gives me practice dealing with the "look" when it ain't all that serious!! (y) ;)

Reactions: revrunt and CAWing

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
We were there, a couple of weeks ago. The store itself was closed up and they were taking orders thru the window.

Came up from Clarksville on 103.

Once took 5440 (gravel) from Oark back over to hwy 21. 13 miles, I think. It was an interesting ride on a big bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I rode in on the back way 'once'.......:oops::rolleyes:

My pretty passenger wasn't to thrilled with it!!

View attachment 371199

This was 5 yrs ago and I have not been back that way...:)
Several years ago we were headed to the store on recommendation of a co worker. When I turned the bike onto a gravel road to get there, my wife pulled off to the side of the main road and shut off her bike. I turned around to try to convince her that it would be fine, but she just said "Go ahead! I will just wait here for you to get back, but I am not going that way after the LAST gravel road you took me on!" Needless to say I sacrificed some pie for the sake of self preservation. Come to think of it, had she been on my bike instead of her own I could have just begged forgiveness and still had some pie! Maybe next time!:unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts