GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well kids I'm in the club! :oops:

OBAST!!

Coming out of the local stop-n-rob, gonna' turn right, all of a sudden, car comes screamin' out of nowhere, I turn SHARP right, slow speed, and that's when I tested the angle bank sensor!

Damage to bike: Nada (little scratch on rear frame guard, had to re-adjust the highway pegs, that's it).

Damage to ego: None, nobody saw me! :lol:

Very appreciative to this board for reading (yes, I only subscribe to GL1800riders.com for the articles, not the pictures of naked women, oh wait, that's another board! :lol: ) tips (can't remember name for technique) on how to pick up the bike. Tipped over on right side, knew to extend the kickstand, put in gear (bike now shut off), got in proper position, "walked" it up with guts, determination, and a little bit of adrenaline, no problem!

Wait, nobody saw me, why am I tellin' you folks?! Damn, I'm an honest straight forward fellow! :yes:

Mike (OBAST #?)

G

·
Hah-hah, you're a dufface. Nya Nya, what a spaz. :lol:

See what honesty gets ya? Just what you avoided by being alone.

I'm glad it didn't land on your leg or anything. The Wing can be ackward and heavy at times like that. Glad at least your ok.

Pat

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pat.

I guess I just wanted to "belong"! Do I get a patch, t-shirt, pin, or something?! :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Always room for one more! ;)

Welcome to the club! :beer3:

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Batman LIMNCS you are a canidate

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
laen said:
Batman LIMNCS you are a canidate
Need another cup of coffee, LIMNCS?

Mike

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skip h said:
The goldwing can be lifted from a 110° horizontal position
Don't ask how I know.
Aw, come on, tell us how you know lol!

I am impressed how well the guards protect the bike, and how using the proper lifting technique (with adrenaline), how relatively easy it is to pick back up.

Mike

·
Registered
756 Posts
We do require pictures to confirm , if you were not among the original charter members. :lol:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
The first is the worst.

After four or five times you don't even raise your adrenaline levels. :?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GP Young,

This is as close to what happened without actually reproducing the event :lol: :

I don't want it to happen again, but shift happens :22yikes: LOL! But, I am not worried about the next time, 'cause I gots experience! :lol:

Thanks for the support...now where's my shirt? Pin? Hat? ??

Mike

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe it's "O"fficial.

Mike

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
skip h said:
The goldwing can be lifted from a 110° horizontal position
Don't ask how I know.
Its amazing how the mirror and windshield keep it from going to 180°, isn't it? All that weight and nary a scratch. Er.... at least that's what I've been told. Thats my story and I'm sitckin' to it.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: 8)

I thought y'all made it that there had to be at least one witness to "collaberate" the event?? :wink: Did I miss that one?? Does the bombadier/naviguessor count as the witness??
Not that I'll ever confirm the location of my oops but bein' honest or crazy enough to admit ya dropped it covers it for me. :wink:
Luckily I don't need a crew to assist me with recovery after the "tests".

:flg:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome to the club -- There is always room for more :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts