GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed something strange about the odometer on my new Goldwing. Something just isn't measuring out correctly. The gas station that has been right at a 1.5 miles from my house the entire 10 yrs that I've lived in the present location, is actually more like 40 miles. I am new to this Goldwing scene, but the difference in my Goldwing odometer and my Yukon Xl is greatly different. I am wondering if I should have my GW checked or my Yukon? A three minute 1.5 mile jaunt in the Yukon, is taking an hour or so on the Goldwing. Has anyone else had a similar occurrence? Should Honda engineers be looking into this phenomenon?:shrug:

·
Registered
821 Posts
That is normall, don't worry, be happy and go to the gas station often.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Just look at the cost factor when you fill the wing vs the Yukon. There has to be something wrong with that Yukon. Just don't forget to drop the bread crumbs from the Wing if you are "navagationally challenged". But then I'm never lost just temporaily off route.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its funny how much longer things take to do on a "wing".

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yes, as above it sounds pretty close. Don't bother taking it in. There is absolutly nothing you want done about this small "problem". It is like the insanity we all enjoy, just relax and go with it.
:wrong:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya, what's up with that?

THE ROAD'S WINDIER TO. I NEED TO LEAVE MUCH EARLIER ON MY WING TO GET TO THE SAME PLACES ON TIME. MAYBE THERE'S A TIME - WORM HOLE- WARP BUBBLE PHENOMENON WHEN THE KEY IS TURNED ON A GW. I'M PRETTY CERTAIN IT'S THE HORIZONTALLY OPPOSED 6 CYLINDER MATTER/ANTI MATTER DRIVE SYSTEM THAT CREATES THIS EFFECT.

ENGAGE! :yes1:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I live 19 miles from work but last time I took my wing to work it was over 100 miles back home...Must have took a wrong turn someplace.:excited:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a similar occurrence yesterday. I went to a family get together at my nieces who lives about a mile from me,.....the return trip the odometer showed 78 miles. I think it must have something to do with the alignment of the planets and the moon.

H

·
0 Posts
I have a similar "problem". Seems I constantly need to run across town for a couple different items. Many times I "forget" to pick up something and find myself returning home, only to turn around and run again. Don't even mind picking up female items for the SO anymore. Of course I go to the next town for those!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.....The Wing's warranty has unlimited mileage!:coffee1:
Just ride, ride, ride!!:thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Oh yeah....I know what you mean...a trip that was supposed to take 3 hours yesterday took 6hours....what's up with that?:shrug:

I guess the term "going around your ass to get to your elbow" is true!:cool:

Ya gotta love it! :thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
476 Posts
This seems to affect most motorcycles in general, at least the ones that I have sat on. It would seem that more road tests are in order.:biker:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sure have,

I noticed that the first weekend I had it. I went to pick up some food at the grocery store and it took me 3 hours. The store is only 1 mile from the house.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Allright, you got me... and I'm daring enough to admit too...
I read the post twice, and said to myself,,, how can it be that big of a difference???:22yikes:
Then it finally clicked in.. and I realized that I too have been suffering from the same "problem", the 25 mile commute to work for the last 8 years, suddenly became 45..
I really think all of us who suffer from this "problem", need to get together and have Honda engineering check into this.:nojoke:
Going to get some more :coffee1:now, so this dosen't happen again,(at least today)..:thumbup:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
My problem is a little different ... the wife loves flavored coffee and one of the places that has her favorite is in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. A round trip takes from sunrise to sunset ... I know it is tough, but I keep volunteering to do it. ;)

The other problem ... she takes FOREVER to drink it all ... :lol:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
This is a common affliction with most Goldwing riders. Accept your fate and make the best of it. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts