GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that don't know the OBX stands for Outer Banks. We just returned from the OBX. We stayed in Corolla, just as far as you can go North without a four wheel drive.

I took my two boys and their families out to eat on Friday at Captain Georges. OMG!!!! It was awesome!! :nojoke: Those that know me know that I can be very thrifty.:lol: Well let me tell you, it all went out the widow that night. Six adults and four children $$$$$$ $335.00 with tip! We plan to make another trip to OBX next year and I told them I would treat them to Captain Georges again. :nojoke: Like I said it was awesome.

·
Registered
902 Posts
We spent Friday night on Ocracoke and Saturday night in Plymouth. We did the lighthouse run and were at the Currituck lighthouse Saturday afternoon. However, considering the weather coming out of J-Ville mid-day Friday, we caged it this trip.

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We spent Friday night on Ocracoke and Saturday night in Plymouth. We did the lighthouse run and were at the Currituck lighthouse Saturday afternoon. However, considering the weather coming out of J-Ville mid-day Friday, we caged it this trip.
We stayed a week, a little more than a mile north of the Currituck lighthouse. We all liked it so much that I told the kids that I might rent a house in that area every year for a family vacation. Hey, I get to spend a week with the grandchildren and I have the parents come along for baby sitters. :lol:
My wife drove the car and I rode the bike.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You guys are making me miss the Outer Banks. I especially love Ocracoke. But last time we went down there, it was a total bust. We had the big motorhome and when we got to the Outer Banks, the road was closed due to flooding (heavy onshore winds). All the campgrounds were full so they let us stay overnight in the Welcome Center parking lot. The next morning, we turned around and headed for the mountains.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Family vacation

We stayed a week, a little more than a mile north of the Currituck lighthouse. We all liked it so much that I told the kids that I might rent a house in that area every year for a family vacation. Hey, I get to spend a week with the grandchildren and I have the parents come along for baby sitters. :lol:
My wife drove the car and I rode the bike.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WOW!! That sounds fantastic!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Glad you out of towners enjoy it so much. Those of us that live so close to it dont see what all the fuss is about, I guess cuz we are used to the crowds and the traffic. Its ok I guess. I myself love the mountains and do anything to try and get away from the water. Maybe because if lived next to it all my life.
As far as Captain Georges, we have several here locally. They are family owned, with only about 5 restaurants or so in the eastern Va/NC area. For a seafood buffett, they are ok. I can see how a tourist would like it, but we locals know where the REALLY GOOD seafood places are :lol:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you out of towners enjoy it so much. Those of us that live so close to it dont see what all the fuss is about, I guess cuz we are used to the crowds and the traffic. Its ok I guess. I myself love the mountains and do anything to try and get away from the water. Maybe because if lived next to it all my life.
As far as Captain Georges, we have several here locally. They are family owned, with only about 5 restaurants or so in the eastern Va/NC area. For a seafood buffett, they are ok. I can see how a tourist would like it, but we locals know where the REALLY GOOD seafood places are :lol:
The mountain are good too. But I can ride Eastern KY and WV and be home that night from where I live.

As far as the crowds......I hate crowds. That is why we rented on the north side of Corolla. It helps a little. The big crowd was in Norfork waiting on them to clear a wreak from the tunnel on the way home. :shock: It could have been worse we only sat one hour.

Now Twodogs!!!! Don't be stingy with the good places. Please let us know where they are. But as far as sea food, you can have it all!!! I did play heck on the prime rib on the buffet.:lol: It's not that I don't like sea food. I just enjoy breathing. The last time I ate sea food my air way almost swelled shut. :nojoke: So no more sea food for me!!!!

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Boomer is buying at the next RTE?:joke:
:lol: LOL I think someone may need to buy mine now. :cry: Poor Boomer is broke. :lol:

Hey Ohiowinger! I think you are just a little farther from the RTE on the 12TH than I am. That may get you free ice cream. :lol:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes the Outer Banks are fun as is the ocean. But then those in VA have Chincoteague with Assateague Island to go to not to mention the Sandbridge area just south of VA Beach to avoid the crowds.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
:lol: LOL I think someone may need to buy mine now. :cry: Poor Boomer is broke. :lol:

Hey Ohiowinger! I think you are just a little farther from the RTE on the 12TH than I am. That may get you free ice cream. :lol:

So which Boomer is going to so up?

Sir Boomer

Or

Queen Boomer

If money gets tight, ya could always pawn the crown, just sayin

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no!!! Not the crown!!! That is part of the family jewels. You go get rid of your family jewels to pay for lunch. :shock: OUCH!! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
994 Posts
So Boomer is buying at the next RTE!:nojoke:

There, fixed it for ya...! I'm in, too, if Boomer is buying...!:thumbup: And I LOVE seafood...

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There, fixed it for ya...! I'm in, too, if Boomer is buying...!:thumbup: And I LOVE seafood...

:lol: Don't hold your breath. :lol: I think I am the original cheapskate. You know you guys picking on me will attract that cookie-less Rail. He can't stand to be left out when it comes to picking on me! :lol: Maybe this will slide by without him seeing it. :roll: I think a lot of it is pay backs. :shrug: :lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
You know you guys picking on me will attract that cookie-less Rail. He can't stand to be left out when it comes to picking on me! :lol: Maybe this will slide by without him seeing it. :roll: I think a lot of it is pay backs. :shrug: :lol::lol:
It makes me all fuzzy warm inside to read this :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
It makes me all fuzzy warm inside to read this :thumbup:
Ok it passed , I was just gas from sourkraut last nite .:lol:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok it passed , I was just gas from sourkraut last nite .:lol:

I figured you must be fuzzy on the inside all the time! Because there sure isn't any kind of fuzz on that hard head. :twisted::joke::joke:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I figured you must be fuzzy on the inside all the time! Because there sure isn't any kind of fuzz on that hard head. :twisted::joke::joke:
As I found out this week !!
The mosquitoes are in full force after our wet winter and spring . Them little devils are biting the top of my bald Melon lately . :shock:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I found out this week !!
The mosquitoes are in full force after our wet winter and spring . Them little devils are biting the top of my bald Melon lately . :shock:
RAIN??? I have spent the last several days getting my garden back in shape, and it rained so hard today I am worried that it may have washed it away. :nojoke: We have had numerous downpours that you could hardly see across the street. I'm glad I live on a hill. Someone has to be getting flooded.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Here also Boomer . Lots of small creeks at the brim .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts