GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will include the riding during the month of October. At this point in time it looks like mostly the first half of October. My October calendar is now full, with riding the first half and other stuff with Margaret and I during the 2nd half. The second half will not include the bike. :( But I know we will enjoy some quality time together!!(y)

Here is the link to my spot tracker

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well,..we better get the month kicked off with a ride today then!!! (y):unsure:
Want to meet at Atkins McDonald's, get a breakfast biscuit and decide where to go from there?
Say about 8:15
Better ride while you can, sounds like in a couple weeks,,, you're grounded off the bike.:D:censored:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well,..we better get the month kicked off with a ride today then!!! (y):unsure:
Want to meet at Atkins McDonald's, get a breakfast biscuit and decide where to go from there?
Say about 8:15
Better ride while you can, sounds like in a couple weeks,,, you're grounded off the bike.:D:censored:

That sounds like a very good plan. The weather is going to be great!!

This means we have to get a month's worth of riding done in the first half of the month. :cool:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Well, since I can't get out there in time for Harrison, I guess I'll just be tagging along with @gwhobo! That is, if I make it at all...🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: gwhobo

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well, since I can't get out there in time for Harrison, I guess I'll just be tagging along with @gwhobo! That is, if I make it at all...🙏🙏🙏
I might not be your first choice, but come on I'll ride with you anyway.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: Arizona16

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got in 430 miles for the day. Have not been down there for several years. We picked the perfect day ... sunny with temps in the mid 70s.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
So, how many different people are you begging to go ride with you??
Sorry Bob...you’ll just have to go to the back of the line!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: Arizona16

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I’m jealous! I could sure use some Arkansas riding! . Great pictures, Larry.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Sure, I notice that you have never invited us poor folks from the Massachusetts area of the world to ride those beautful roads with you...(i'm very sad :unsure:)

Ronnie

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure, I notice that you have never invited us poor folks from the Massachusetts area of the world to ride those beautful roads with you...(i'm very sad :unsure:)

Ronnie

Actually, we don't send out invitation to anyone. They just seem to show up on our door step asking when can you be ready to roll? 😄 :cool:(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We have a ride coming up tomorrow. Meeting in Atkins at the McDonald's, pulling out around 8:30 a.m.

I have two possible routes worked up ... will decide which one at KSU time.

If anyone would like to go along, we would be glad have you join us!!

@revrunt We are ready for you!! (y) (y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@revrunt found his way to Arkansas for a ride today. We took him straight North on this route. The spot track that runs north then back south at the extreme north of the route would be Missouri highway 125. A road that good deserves to be run both ways!

On the way up we did this ...

I have to say, these guys are great to ride with. Had a very nice time. However one big problem. One has to watch the guys closely. They will lead you into disaster and keep telling you how everything is fine!!

I somehow missed getting a pic of @1potter1. He met us a few miles north of the Ferry and helped us tame highway 125. Hopefully Larry got one!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yep got to follow old yellow around today. Didn't stir up any chickens however the squirrel and deer were plentiful.
Sure enjoyed having Steve along again.

A little road construction

And sure enough... Randy shows up in time for lunch.:p
The bikes waiting for us while we enjoy some bbq

A good ride with good friends....tomorrow we get the Harrison gathering kicked off!!(y)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did this today ... no pictures ... sorry. :(

Met up with a fellow from Texas. This was the route he worked up from the Butler maps he had. Got to say, it was a good route. It got pretty windy riding the northern part of this, but it was still a good day.

Missed having @gwhobo along ... no Silver bike in my mirror all day long and with him there are usually always good pictures.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts