GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the changing of the colors on the Blue Ridge Parkway. My wife and I rode the southern BRP in Oct. 2007. These are our memories:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks for posting your pics. Due to health issues and the loss of two family members,we were not able to make it up there this year for the fall colors.We have many photos that resemble the same areas you viewed. The wife and I enjoyed the reminder of what we missed. Hopefully we will have an uneventful year and plan to visit again in the upcoming fall.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting your pics. Due to health issues and the loss of two family members,we were not able to make it up there this year for the fall colors.We have many photos that resemble the same areas you viewed. The wife and I enjoyed the reminder of what we missed. Hopefully we will have an uneventful year and plan to visit again in the upcoming fall.

Ride safe.
I hope you make it this year. We try to go every year. Last year we missed peak colors by a few days but '07 was outstanding!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I was up there in october last year and it was amazing, in fact it will be a yearly ride for us now, i go on the parkway 2 or 3 times a year anyway but fall is by far the best time. I have a few pics in my album's you can see by clicking on my avatar.

·
Canuck
2,824 Posts
Great, great pics. And nicely done video. I rode the BRP two years ago, although not in Autumn. Beautiful! Thanks for the post.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
I was also up there in October of 07, just two weeks after my buddy and I bought new 08 Wings. My Brother, buddy, and I went back in June and July of 08, then just the wife and I went last November. We plan on another trip either mid April or early May. Good pics, what kind of camera do you have? I'm also a camera buff, have four digitals including a Nikon DSLR.

Tom

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These were taken with an el cheapo HP. We bought this one for ease of operation and compact size.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Friggin awesome, Buddy. Can't wait for Fall in the Smokey's:excited: Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
:cool: Absolutely a cool ride. I ridden the entire BRP 3 times and many times in between. I'm usually in the area around Ashville every September for a ride. Very nice pics.....seems like I recognize the places in some of them. :yes1:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beautiful! I have a week scheduled in September for the BRP. I can't wait!

·
Mild Hog
585 Posts
Thanks for the pics. It helps. We went last Oct. too. It is the best time of the year. After a hot summer the air is cool and it's just beautiful. May you enjoy many more miles.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Thanks

Beautiful isn't it!!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Great pics! Road the Southern end last September for the first time on the scoot. Been up and down the BRP many times in the cage, but scootin' it is the only way to fly. We are all lucky to have the best bike on the planet for seeing this fantastic country we live in. Cheers and thanks again, going back this Spring to ride the whoooooole thing. Ride safe and enjoy.

Crabby Bob :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts