GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a few weeks with the engine out of my '03 (with 90k) to repair the ADG problem, now back together and running, have a few bugs to work out, need to bleed clutch some more, noisy fuel injector and then an odd idle problem. Bike will start fine, and idle fine for around fifteen to twenty seconds, then a change in tone and the idle drops down and sound as if it is running on three or four cylinders. It happens warm or cold, so I can pull up to a stop light, idle fine for fifteen seconds, then the idle falls apart, once the engine gets above 2500 RPM the engine cleans out, runs smoothly and will idle cleanly for about fifteen seconds.

I know someone wrote a few weeks ago about a poor idle after having the engine out, and he had swapped two connectors to the throttle body, could not find that post with an "idle" search. I had marked the connectors when taking apart and double checked on assembly, but any suggestions at this point are helpful.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Try reset procedure which is specifically to fix idle problems (and nothing else). Start cold bike, no touch throttle, idle until fans come on (just a time step), turn off then back on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try reset procedure which is specifically to fix idle problems (and nothing else). Start cold bike, no touch throttle, idle until fans come on (just a time step), turn off then back on.
Tried that once, still same problem, will try again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts