GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just repaired my left side mirror, which was damaged in an arguement with the side of the garage.
Plast-Aid is a powder/liquid mix that sets fast, bonds to lots of stuff, and is strong. Some people actually make tabs out of it to replace broken ones. I was repairing the breaks in the three mounting tans that hold the plastic outer cowl to the metal mirror base. By the time I got to the third one the mix was thickening, so mix small batches then mix more if it will take more than a minute.
www.plast-aid.com
can be ordered from Amazon and other sources.

·
IronMan
18,045 Posts
I just repaired my left side mirror, which was damaged in an arguement with the side of the garage.
Plast-Aid is a powder/liquid mix that sets fast, bonds to lots of stuff, and is strong. Some people actually make tabs out of it to replace broken ones. I was repairing the breaks in the three mounting tans that hold the plastic outer cowl to the metal mirror base. By the time I got to the third one the mix was thickening, so mix small batches then mix more if it will take more than a minute.
www.plast-aid.com
can be ordered from Amazon and other sources.
So. Your saying. Garage. Won

·
Registered
7,618 Posts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts