GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have imported a 2014 Honda Goldwing GL 1800. The odometer shows miles but I want to change this. So that it shows km instead. The same with the ambient temperature that shows Fahrenheit and I want to change this to Celsius instead. Is this possible?

I goggled it for hours couldn't find it. I hope you guys help me out with this.

Regards,
AL-G

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
No can do - unit comes as either Imperial or Metric, can't be switched.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
HAVE TO SWAP GAUGES :cry:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know why Honda doesn't make it an option to select in the menu. I remember my parents had an '85 Ford T-Bird which had a digital dash, it had a button to press up near the speedometer, which selected km/h or mp/h. I remember we played a joke on my mom, while driving out of town one day, I selected km/h when she wasn't looking, and got on the freeway. I said, look Mom, were doing over a hundred, which she replied, OMG!!! slow down, you're driving way to fast. I said, yes, but it's got more and I held it all the way down to the floor. Needless to say, everyone but my Mom was laughing, even after showing her it was in km/h she still wasn't the least bit thrilled!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Miles to Kilometer

Can't be changed on the bike. I have a Buick Park Avenue, just push a button and It's changed. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
You can install a speedo-healer to fix the speedometer - I know of no way to fix the temp readout without replacing parts.
Well, the speedo-healer will enable the speedo to indicate the speed accurately, and when the speedo says 60 it will be 60 kph vs. 60 mph. However, the odometer will also click over at the adjusted rate, and so you'll end up with 1.6 times the mileage indicated on the bike. Not an issue if you're never going to sell it.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
You can contact Honda Canada and order all the parts you need in Metric. Probably console and temperature gauge console can just be swapped out.. As for the speedo, you might need the metric piece that goes on the transmission. These parts are easily available from Honda Canada. Roger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts