GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone it has been a while since i have visited this site. i have a couple questions. i would like to install factory foglights on my 08 wing and i was wondering if they are plug and play and if they require a seperate on off switch. also want to put in a accessory 12 volt connector where does that get installed at on the bike. thanks james

· Registered
4,127 Posts
hey everyone it has been a while since i have visited this site. i have a couple questions. i would like to install factory foglights on my 08 wing and i was wondering if they are plug and play and if they require a seperate on off switch. also want to put in a accessory 12 volt connector where does that get installed at on the bike. thanks james
There is a separate switch you need to install (comes with the fog lights). The installation of the switch for non-airbag models is much easier since you don't have to open up the radio panel. The install is "plug and play" as you do not have to do any wiring. Just plug in the supplied connectors into the connectors already present on the bike. It's not a difficult install.

· Registered
246 Posts
As already stated the Fog Lights are plug and play and a switch is included. The 12 Volt adapter is placed into the left front storage pocket.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
Just remember: if you install a 12 volt power connector (cigaretter type) on the accessories line (which is located under and behind the left front pocket), the fuse and the wiring capacity limit its use to 5 amps max draw. That's OK for powering something like an MP3 player, but I found out it's not enough to run my portable air compressor!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.