GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for an OEM Honda CB kit and noticed that there are two different Honda part numbers for a CB kit.

One kit is part number 08E95-MCA-100 ($657.50 retail). The other part number is 08E95-MCA-102 ($799.95 retail).

So, my question is: What's the difference between these two kits? They certainly can't be the same with that much price difference.

Reason for question: I'm going shopping online for a CB kit and noticed that mostly all of the online sources (indcluding Direct Line Parts) only list the 08E95-MCA-100. Most of them are selling that part number for $599.00.

Could it be that one kit has the filters in it, and the other one does not?

I need to figure this out before I order. I want the complete kit with filters and all. (Don't want to mess this up and have to send something back.)

Thanks for any experience or advice you can provide.

·
Vendor
18,086 Posts
Yes, lots of good buys on the older part number. I can't remember why the upgrade to the other number. Get the more expensive one and get the Hondaline antenna. The newer number started in 2003 or 04. The newer number started in 2003 or 04.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I agree I sold my weak OEM and bought the GL2Way

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The 2012 has a new part number.

It has different external wiring as it is now very close to the radio, in the trunk.

No external filters required.

The antenna also is a new number.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The $599 OEM CB radio that I installed recently included all 3 filters.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The $599 OEM CB radio that I installed recently included all 3 filters.
WingStuff has the OEM CB for that price. I'll probably order it from them. According to the reviews on their site, that kit does come with the three filters.

The GL2Way certainly looks like a nice unit, but I don't listen to music while riding and I will not use a cell phone while riding. (I just enjoy the ride itself and the company of my lovely bride of 36 years.)

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Check price with the sponsor of this site "Direct Line Parts" during their July 4th sale.
They also come with the three filters.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You don't have to use the extra features to save money.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check price with the sponsor of this site "Direct Line Parts" during their July 4th sale.
Great idea!

I forgot that the 4th was coming up soon.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Great idea!

I forgot that the 4th was coming up soon.

For those that joined the parts club. What does the cb kit go for? Is it worth it to join to get an extra discount? Tom :doorag:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts