GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read here, that the battery in the wheel tire pressure sensor, that is not meant to be replaced by the user, but can be in fact changed.

My question is: If you replace the battery, does the sensor have to be re-linked to the bike?

·
Banned
792 Posts
I have read here, that the battery in the wheel tire pressure sensor, that is not meant to be replaced by the user, but can be in fact changed.

My question is: If you replace the battery, does the sensor have to be re-linked to the bike?
Would you not have to remove the tire to get to the devise? Mine drives me bonkers at times as it will 80% of the time come on and then after a short amount of time goes off and never comes back to bug me. Always comes on at the beginning of a ride as though it is cold then goes away. I learned to just look the other way when it is on then bingo, the light is off.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mine has been doing it for a long time almost from the time that i got the bike. The dealer says that they will have to check it out. But as soon as they look at my bike they start mentioning the LED lights, heal toe shifter, etc. which has nothing to do with the TPMS. Seems like the dealers around here want to find any excuse to not have something covered by warranty.

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
No, you don't have to relearn the code for the transmitter since it hasn't changed and is already stored in the receiver. But you do have to be careful to get the sensors reinstalled in the same wheel they came out of. If you mix them up, any DTC codes that the system generates would point to the wrong wheel. So just be sure to mark which is front and which is rear when you remove them from the wheels.

If you need more info on how to change the batteries let me know. I've done quite a few of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts