GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt Long used to work for Flagler County Sheriff's Department but now worked for Orange County Sheriff's Department. Matt was a good guy. A body builder and a health freak. The kind of deputy I was glad was on my side when things went bad on calls.

I rode with him and other deputies several times when he work in Flagler. He was killed this morning on I-4. No details yet. He used to ride a crotch rocket but I'm not sure what he rode nowadays. A sad day for Flagler and Orange Counties.

Here's a link:

http://www.wesh.com/news/10769463/detail.html

·
Registered
393 Posts
prayers for everyone

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
For as much as I hate the media, they reported that Long was travelling at a high rate of speed and didn't see the construction truck. Speeding thru a construction zone? Nah...can't be!

How do you not see a BIG TRUCK with flashing lights in a construction zone at 2:15 AM?

NOT even a helmet would help this situation. The florida highway patrol couldn't find his helmet. Must be he wasn't wearing one....

Somethings are just too STUPID to repeat!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I knew Matt as well and rode with him once. He had several bikes at one time. Roy was right Matt was one very serious dude and definately someone you didn't want to piss off.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
My condolences...we also lost a motor officer before Christmas. 3 am and no helmet on his personal Harley. High sided at less than 20 mph. Go figure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The blue line gets a little thinner

News such as this is always sad when we lose a fellow rider and badge. On behalf of the fairfax County Virginia Police Department our prayers go out to the family and friends.....

Lt. Joe Hill, Fairfax County Police Department

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
greyrider said:
:( Condolences and prayer from Wyoming for the deceased deputy, his family and his brother and sister enforcement officers. Certainly a very sad day in Orange County. :(
Well said. And with no disrespect intended at all...the local news mentioned that he was warned twice in reviews about driving more carefully (2 cage accidents)...sadly if one's not a careful driver in a cage it has more catastrophic effects on our bike.

Godspeed officer.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts