GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been posting about maybe trading Wing for a Harley and this morning I am headed to the Kawasaki dealer to maybe order a new Vulcan. Operative word in last sentence is MAYBE.... Boss still has to approve all this. :lol: :lol:

I have thought on this long and hard. I am hoping I will be happy when all is done. Usually my impulse buying works better... That way I never got to try and out think myself... :lol: :lol:

I have had some issues with my Wing, but the local Honda dealer has taken super care of me each time. It only has 53,000 miles on it and it is not even broken in yet. The suspension still rides like it did on day one and I am going to keep it.

I have been kicking this cruiser thing around for some time and I am 95% sure it will be a Vulcan. The main reason for this is because the local Kawasaki dealer (just across town) has done a lot of little jobs for me on my vintage bikes and he and his wife are super people. I kinda tend to take care of people who take care of me. I know when I take any bike to Bob he will fix it as cheap as he can and still do a safe and good job.

I have sold the Dream. Bob is taking the KZ440 off my hands and I will be selling the CB400F this spring. I will then be down to just three bikes. Goldwing, Vulcan, and CB350. I will be able to insure two almost brand new bikes and license them for less than I have the total of four. I will still have the 1972 CB350. It is still in the rebuild stages.... I may never get it done... :wink: :wink:

This will be my birthday present to me.... Today I am 55 yeeeears young.

UPDATE................

It went easier than I thought. LOL. After I got there and Bob and I were talking I tried the Vulcan 200. It was a hog for me to handle just sitting still. LOL... A big heavy bike that is somewhat top heavy...

Bob still had a holdover 2004 Vulcan 1500 and now it is mine. He made me a deal on it that let me buy a new one without any depreciation.. LOLOL

I have about 15 miles on it right now and it is a different ride. I am sure it will be fun to cruise around town with. This is the first cruiser type bike I have ever owned.

Bob, The Goldwing will be making the trip to Texas. That was decided after about one mile.. LOLOL

I had forgotten how to post pictures and start all over again....... :oops: Help me Toyo :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Happy birthtday Ross. I had a Vulcan Nomad before I got the wing. I loved it and wish I still had it. They are a great bike, you will enjoy it. Which one you going to get, the Vulcan 2000?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Happy Birthday, you old coot. :lol: :hb2: :hb2: :hb2:
Welcome to the double nickle club. If you worked for the government it would also be your retirement day. Mine was two years ago. :p

Joyce should be thankful that you are not friends with the owners of a Harley dealership, else you'd be talking about getting a $33k Ultra. :wink:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Ross,

I get a kick out of getting out on my Vulcan (even if is only the 750). I almost always use it for the short runs to the local 7-11, post office, banking, and even to the grocery store (that keeps me from filling up a cart :) ).

While it isn't the tourer my GL is - it is a nice ride in the spring and fall for zipping around the local roads here. Unfortunately, the wife won't ride with me on it AND I miss the tunes - although I have seen a handlebar unit for cruisers that just may work :lol:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
HAPPY "55" BIRTHDAY!!!

I knew we had something in common, we were born in the same month! Just 4 years apart....LOL

Go ahead and buy that Vulcan....you will LOVE it!

wingman57

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Happy Birthday Ross :hb2:

I wouldn't mind a cruiser for around town, but need a pick up much worse.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Happy birthday Ross. Go ahead and get the cruiser, we can put on leathers and go terrorize Peru.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Congrats on making the big 55, Ross. Make sure you ride that puppy before you buy it. I had a '99 Vulcan, and it turned out to be too top heavy for my tastes. So what does one do? Buy a Gold Wing, of course. Now that I'm ancient, even the Wing seems heavy to me, so that's why I downgraded to a Silver Wing. As long as you feel comfortable on it, go for it! You'll never be 55 again, you know.

Which bike will you ride down to the Texas Gathering in Kerrville next year (as if I didn't know)?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Happy birthday Ross. I was going to put one of those cake emoticons on here for each year, but i figured it would like the Great Chicago Fire. :wink:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Happy Birthday Ross,

You made us read half way through the post to see that you are keeping the goldwing. Good choice there, I would have missed you at the gatherings. Enjoy the new bike.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ross

Ross, Happy B'day!!!!

I say spend it while you can.

I ride three different bikes whenever the mood hits me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Happy Birthday Ross, hope that this cake does not set the whole place on fire :D :hb2:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Happy Birthday Ross!
Now that I've had another birthday, we're in the same decade :D

Congratulations on the new bike, too...I was afraid for a minute there that you were going to sell the Wing. Can't wait to see the new ride.

Hugs from all of us,
Becky

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello,

My other bike is a 2005 Vulcan 1500 Classic. It is a GREAT bike - you will enjoy it. The reason I can justify keeping the Wing and the Vulcan is because they are completely different kinds of rides!

Enjoy!

Brian

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Happy Birthday Ross and good luck on what every you decide. :hb2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts