GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed the paperwork and handed the man a down payment check for $12000 to convert my 2008 GL1800 into a Hannigan Trike. Coach Rice picks her up on Monday and hauls her off for the work. One to two weeks and I'll be back on the road.

Man I hate spending that much money on myself all at once.

Somebody tell me I've made a good decision - lie if you have to.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Nope Sorry your screwed!!!!!!!

But

Congrats; Life will never be the same

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
You're gonna' have a great ride and will enjoy the heck out of it.:doorag::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Coach Rice is straight up

You will be happy with his personel touches

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You've made a great choice in a Hannigan plus it will be the correct color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Congrats on Triking and your Choices :thumbup:
You won't regret any of them.

Welcome and contribute often,
Many Safe & Enjoyable 3-Wheeled miles to ya ;)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Everything about your decision to become a member of a very select group, known as Trikers, was perfect . . . . . . . but for one minor detail. I'm sure it is not to late to get it painted the correct color.

Enjoy your ride and ride safe. Remember, round here it is only a True Story when we see the pictures.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Both Wheels and Charley have this color stuff all wrong. With both of them they get dirty too quick. Now silver shows very little dirt leaving a lot more time for the important parts. Riding the thing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I have to ask. with a $12,000 down payment what is total cost of a Hanigan?
Base
Color
Running Boards
Spoiler
Heavy Fork Springs
6 degree Rake
Fender Stone Guards
LEDs & Accessories
Bumper
Cover
Misc Paint/repairs/chrome
Install/pickup/delivery/etc
Total

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Signed the paperwork and handed the man a down payment check for $12000 to convert my 2008 GL1800 into a Hannigan Trike. Coach Rice picks her up on Monday and hauls her off for the work. One to two weeks and I'll be back on the road.

Man I hate spending that much money on myself all at once.

Somebody tell me I've made a good decision - lie if you have to.
That was the worst decision ever...Ya should have gotten a Roadsmith. :joke:

Just kidding! You'll love it! I've ridden two wheelers for 33 years then made the decision last fall to get my '06 wing converted to a trike. It does take some getting used to for the first 1000 miles or so.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Congratulations on your decision, I triked mine last year and have never regretted it. To me it is more enjoyable to ride with a lot less worries. Ride safe and enjoy :thumbup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
It does take some getting used to for the first 1000 miles or so.
NO truer words were ever spoken. Just be patient with yourself, and take it easy for the first 10000-1500 miles. It's OK to shift your weight on your pegs; but STOP leaning.:oops:;) I'll join the corus of CONGRATS
Happy Father's Day To All
Mike
PY '09 Comfort/Navi/XM Gen1 Hannigan

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Your just having buyers remorse. For whatever reason you decieded to trike it will still be there when you get it back. You'll not regret it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Coach Rice came by this morning and picked up the Wing. Might have it back by the start of next week. Need to back a dumpster up to clean out the garage.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a friend who bought his trike from Coach Rice. They did an excellent job on the conversion and their customer service is top shelf. You're gonna love your new trike!! :yes1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts