GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we were in the Arches NP on our trip a couple of weeks ago I was taking some photos and turned around to see THIS !

I couldn't believe my wife would actually put her foot on the fender of the trike !!

As it turns out she has her foot on the rack BEHIND the trike but I needed the paramedics for me when I saw it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
At first I did not recognize your wife. (sorry)
First thing that came into my head was that there's
lots of good out of the way burial sites around that area.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, she would kill me if she saw that I posted that photo.

That is a real trooper 4 days into an 8 day trip after battling 4 hours of 50 mph - gusting to 70 mph winds in 100+ heat and sand coming from Hanksville to Moab Utah.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hows the trike handle those cross winds?

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Now that's funny!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, I didn't know it was your wife either and I was thinking you were either in jail for murder or on your way !!!

Now, my next question----are you a widower now ??

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey, for those of us lucky enough to have a wife who enjoys being with us on the Wing, a lot can be forgiven! Some wives don't even want their husbands to have a motorcycle! Thank God for good wives. And even though at first sight it looked like she had done the unthinkable, she had her foot on the rack, not the fender. She's a "keeper"!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Glad you said what you were seeing in the picture when you turned around. I thought maybe you have never seen a wooden fence. LoL

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I thought it was the first time you had a purty woman sneak up on ya!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Momma dont look happy.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey, for those of us lucky enough to have a wife who enjoys being with us on the Wing, a lot can be forgiven! Some wives don't even want their husbands to have a motorcycle! Thank God for good wives. And even though at first sight it looked like she had done the unthinkable, she had her foot on the rack, not the fender. She's a "keeper"!
:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
All I saw was "The Owner" putting her foot where she wanted.You should be lucky it was on HER trike instead of you know where.:eek:4:lol

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
First thing that came into my head was that there's
lots of good out of the way burial sites around that area.
Originally posted by Team 5150...
Actually, she would kill me if she saw that I posted that photo.
Then you'd need two burial sites! :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here she is at the start of the trip and in a better mood !

Hows the trike handle those cross winds?
It really handled very good. It was blowing so hard straight across the highway at times that we thought about ducking for cover with the dual tractor trailers and two wheel bikes under the overpasses.

One problem was when we turned north out of Hanksville the wind was blowing directly behind us. That was good in that we were out running the sand clouds but the trike started getting hot because the was no airflow to the radiators. Going 50 with a following 50mph wind makes the flag on the back completely still !

When I bought the trike I hooked up a switch the turns the fans on and that really saved the day - it worked great !

Here is some of the light sand clouds on the highway.

That went on for 10 miles !

I felt a little guilty because we passed a family that was on the side of the road with the hood up in the sand storm and the kids in the SUV were plastered to the side windows looking out at us. It creeped me out because it reminded me of "The Hills Have Eyes" !:22yikes:

Here is how you cope with nasty crosswinds !:thumbup:

We found this guy and dropped in beside him in his wind shadow. That worked great ! We hung with him for about 15 miles.

·
Registered
728 Posts
She's Real Lucky

I've divorced women for lesser offenses related to my bikes
and or other vehicles :lol:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
THose kinds of winds plus all that sand can wear on you fast for sure. Glad you kept safe:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
No Real "Wing Wife" would put her foot on the paint, we all know that.

I appreciate your pain, fighting the wind.
We rode through Kansas a couple of years ago. 40 MPH crosswind all day. The next day we dodged Tornado's all day long.

I think they should put a Fence around Kansas and never let anybody else into the state.:frown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts