GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and buy the Kennedy solution(s). I was under the impression that I would need the AuxSwitdhSet2, not the cellset (to use with the bike's Aux line).

I thought if I wanted to connect the 2820's bluetooth cell phone mic I then need the cellset mic as well (use with Intercomm line).

All this because the integrated GPS on the Wing does not download routes.....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm talking off the top of my head as I don't have much experience with mine yet. (07)

From what I've seen on the internet, it's all in the method.

Plan your route on the computer and print it out.
Locate the key cities and enter them as favorite places on the bike. I understand it will hold 100.
Enter the destination, then call up those favorite places and enter them as vias.
Set to fastest routes.

Plan to try that in the sping.

If I'm off base, I hope someone will let me know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did as you suggest....

I've tried what you plan on doing. There are a couple of issues with this:

1) I've used yahoo maps (via PC) to lay out my (looping) route by selecting the small towns I want to pass thru on the roads I wanted to take - then tediously enter them as way points on the bike. This is a very long process.

2) after entering the above multipoint waypoint route on the bike, I've found that the GPS would sometimes go to one of the way points (say point D), then want me to turn around, ride back the way I came to get to point E (I believe this is because the waypoint was a town, not a street or road). I've led a group of folks on this rideand they collectively thought I was nuts.

I finally broke down and bought a Garmin 2820 that I plan on mounting on my bike - now I have two GPSs - talk about nuts. Now I have to figure out which of the many Kennedy wiring options I could least get away with (figure I need the DualAuxADSet to allow all the connections I might eventually need). I think that all the varied mounting gear (texelent bar, Garmin accesories and kennedy wiring harness) will cost me more than the 2820 itself.

The joys of riding.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts