GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my 1500 from the shop for replaceing the Leaky valve stem. She was happy to not see the trailer for the ride home. She cranked up fast and blowing fire from the tailpipes all the way home "48mi". She had the biggest smile all the way, people were honking and waveing. I left my 1800 there to have a extensive frontend inspection. They are going to try to get to the bottom of the "DREADED REAR FENDER CRACKING ISSUE". I'll post the results here so all can see. By the way, if anyone has any warrenty left, i recomend to have the rear section inspected and replaced if cracked because it is covered under Warrenty.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Jchefboyardee said:
I picked my 1500 from the shop for replaceing the Leaky valve stem. She was happy to not see the trailer for the ride home. She cranked up fast and blowing fire from the tailpipes all the way home "48mi". She had the biggest smile all the way, people were honking and waveing. I left my 1800 there to have a extensive frontend inspection. They are going to try to get to the bottom of the "DREADED REAR FENDER CRACKING ISSUE". I'll post the results here so all can see. By the way, if anyone has any warrenty left, i recomend to have the rear section inspected and replaced if cracked because it is covered under Warrenty.
I found it too be very tight - you can hear rocks getting pinched in there - gives me the creaps hearing that noise!

Fender is still in good shape 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts