GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our way to Knoxville 4th of July weekend and my friend had his rear tire come apart. Called AMA and had him towed to Ohio Cycleworx in Lima Ohio. As we arrived the owner happened to stop in to feed his guard dogs. What luck! He went out of his way and contacted his sales manager who contacted one of their mechanics who was leaving for vacation. All the rest of their mechanics were up in Michigan at a rally. The mechanic came down and replaced the tire so we could be on our way. This was Sunday morning 4th of July weekend. If your ever in Lima Oh. and need something give these guy's a look. You couldn't ask for nicer guys or better service.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
It's always good to hear about a dealer that would open up on a holiday weekend to help a rider in trouble.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have to agree on the nice guys, but I would not let them do any work other than tires on my wing
A friend I ride with hit a deer last year and they put the bike back together. When we went to pick it up, none of the painted parts matched, chrome was installed half assed. Took an extra 3 weeks for them to straighten it out. When I replaced his air filter 7 months later, the intake tubes to the air cleaner were missing and the brackets that run from the frame to the fairing were also missing. They mysteriously just had those parts laying around and told him to bring the bike in and they would install them. He said no way and brought them back to my shop and we installed them
I'll buy parts there, but no service work.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
When you people call dealers stealers remember this story.:shrug::shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts