GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is three different kinds of RTEs. I guess it should be up to the person calling it to decide which it is going to be.
1. Everyone meets at a designated location and have a BS session and lunch afterward. Then everyone goes on their own way.
2. Everyone meets early at designated location and take a group ride to a lunch spot. Then maybe a ride after lunch.
3. Everyone meets for lunch and takes a group ride afterward.

This belongs (NO ONE PERSON RUNS IT) to everybody so lets hear your ideas. I am just trying to get it started.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
.9* ole blue is shacking in the garage! :eek:4: Because she is scared that the roads will clear and having me saddle her up for a ride!!

Where we ride'n to bro?? I am hungry!! :shock:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.9* ole blue is shacking in the garage! :eek:4: Because she is scared that the roads will clear and having me saddle her up for a ride!!

Where we ride'n to bro?? I am hungry!! :shock:
Wimp!!! :joke::lol::lol: I was going to get my bike out and ride up and have lunch with you!! NOT!!!:lol::lol::lol: 0* here right now.

·
Registered
872 Posts
There is three different kinds of RTEs. I guess it should be up to the person calling it to decide which it is going to be.
1. Everyone meets at a designated location and have a BS session and lunch afterward. Then everyone goes on their own way.
2. Everyone meets early at designated location and take a group ride to a lunch spot. Then maybe a ride after lunch.
3. Everyone meets for lunch and takes a group ride afterward.

This belongs (NO ONE PERSON RUNS IT) to everybody so lets hear your ideas. I am just trying to get it started.
2 or 3 are more appealing

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't usually play will with others so I generall show up, eat and listen (don't say much), then ride off on my own. Not that I am that unsociable but I usually relate better one on one.

Anyway, my 'wing is currently stripped down for new shock and fork rebuild, so I won't be riding anywhere for a while.

·
Registered
835 Posts
What my friends and I do is agree to meet at a restaurant for the beginning of the ride. It's usually "Be there at 8 for breakfast, or 9 for the ride." As long as you have a full tank and are ready to roll at 9, it's all good. Want to eat? Come on in. Rather sleep in? Be in the lot by 9. We'll stop for lunch along the way, then ride some more.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd prefer 2 or 3.
But, kinda depends on where the ride/eats is going to be. I mean, I.m in Cinci, but if the ride is meeting near Columbus, not sure I'd want to ride 1 1/2 hours, meet at 9:00 then ride then eat at noon.. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat as PSmurf2... I would love to make one of RoadRunner's Tuesday rides (in season, of course :eek:4:) but it's about 2hrs just to get there for me. And they usually go KSU @0900... Might try to work that out once this summer....

Anyway, back to your question(s): I guess I'd vote 2 or 3 preferred with 1 as a last choice. None are totally "Un-doable" for me but you asked for our inputs... Run with it!!

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm kinda in the same boat as PSmurf2... I would love to make one of RoadRunner's Tuesday rides (in season, of course :eek:4:) but it's about 2hrs just to get there for me. And they usually go KSU @0900... Might try to work that out once this summer....

Anyway, back to your question(s): I guess I'd vote 2 or 3 preferred with 1 as a last choice. None are totally "Un-doable" for me but you asked for our inputs... Run with it!!
This is kinda why I started this thread. It will be hard (but doable) to make a RTE at 9:00 on the other end of the state. There are some that will not make that long of a trip, that's fine. They can make the ones closer. I have been to a few of Road Runner's Tuesday rides. I usually leave 3 to 3-1/2 hours ahead of time. It takes a little over 2 hours for me to get there. I leave extra time to refuel and have breakfast with them. I will try to make them anywhere in the state. If someone called one in Ashtabula it is almost 5 hours from here but I would try to make it. But everyone is different.
We may want to have a kick stands up time and give an estimated time we will eat and where it will be.

Me thinks Boomer hath cabin fever. :yes1: BB
Bob, you are half right! :lol: But the other half is that I was tired of the Ohio board being dead. I am trying to get more interested in the Ohio board and at the same time get some places to ride this summer. I will be happy when everyone is starting threads.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I hope to make a RTE when springtime comes and I am not in Florida anymore. :thumbup: Always ready for a ride...! :cool:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I hope to make a RTE when springtime comes and I am not in Florida anymore. :thumbup: Always ready for a ride...! :cool:
See! I TOLD ya RR hadn't frozen over down there in the Sunshine State! Prob just way to busy ridin'! lol

Boomer-- I like your initiative. Keep it going. Methinks also thou hast Cabin Fever. ... Hang on--Spring is coming!!

Ha! Made-est thou look! End of Trick...

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WHO ME???

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
See! I TOLD ya RR hadn't frozen over down there in the Sunshine State! Prob just way to busy ridin'! lol

Boomer-- I like your initiative. Keep it going. Methinks also thou hast Cabin Fever. ... Hang on--Spring is coming!!

Ha! Made-est thou look! End of Trick...
I have been riding... nice weather on Tuesday and we rode to Sarasota...

There were Harley's too - actually it is their group the Geezers that I rode with!

So - I am now a Geezer...

I won't be posting a lot because I am on an air card with only 5 gig! :cool:

·
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim, you didn't have the shirt to be a geezer. I think you already were one! :shock: :lol::lol: Sorry to hear about the lack of air time. we always enjoy the pictures, at least I do.

My youngest son calls a Goldwing a Geezer-glide. :lol:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Jim, you didn't have the shirt to be a geezer. I think you already were one! :shock: :lol::lol: Sorry to hear about the lack of air time. we always enjoy the pictures, at least I do.

My youngest son calls a Goldwing a Geezer-glide. :lol:
Tom - you are absolutely correct... I have been a Geezer for 25 days now. I turned 75 on December 31st and I always said when I get THAT old, I would be too old to ride... BUT - it may be getting close to my hanging up the keys! :lol:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Tom - you are absolutely correct... I have been a Geezer for 25 days now. I turned 75 on December 31st and I always said when I get THAT old, I would be too old to ride... BUT - it may be getting close to my hanging up the keys! :lol:
Just trike it.....

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Just trike it.....

Bob - I don't think I would do well on 3... I started riding in June of 1954 -60 years may be a good time to hang up the keys anyway!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
All three sound good, just depends on how far away it is.

I've ridden from Lake Erie to Cincinnati and back the same day to meet RR and some of our friends in SW Ohio for lunch, and down to Pomeroy area and back for a lunch run so distances are not an issue for me.

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts