GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found gallon container of Rotella 5-40 @ Wally World. Is there a disadvantage to this over our usual Mobil-1 red cap? It is CHEAP (13.00 a gallon)
TIG
Morpheus

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Yep, it's cheaper. :D

Lots of guys are changing to it on the GWRRA board. Many like myself have been using red cap for many years and miles.

I changed to it on the last change. I have about 400 miles on it and the shifting is as smooth or smoother than it was with the red cap. So far I am planning to use it for the colder months but I might make it me regular oil if I stay happy with it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Quite a few riders are changing over to the Rotella T, a very good quality oil for a very reasonable price, and the gallon container is perfect for our Wings. In addition, Shell recommends Rotella T for motorcycles. :)

Here's an article from Shell about using Rotella T in motorcycles.

http://www.rotella.com/answerresult.php?rowid=81

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have used Rotella-T for the past 32K miles. Bike runs great and shifts like silk. Does not use any oil between 4K miles changes. Also use Honda oil filters. Like the price, where you can purchase it and the 4 qts. which is ideal for the GL1800.

Great product. Give it a try!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Morpheus

I been wonderin what you look like, thanks for th pic with yer name. Are you ah Matrix fan? :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts