GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I must be the odd ball of this group, I change my oil all the time, (never go over 3,000 miles) and when ever I'm going to take a long trip, I drop the oil/filter again, It just makes me feel good to know that I have clean fresh oil in my expensive motorcycle..... I change over the cooling system with new 50/50 blend of antifreeze twice a season also...Before it was converted to a trike, I'd also replace the rear end gear oil also, every other oil change.........

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I must be the odd ball of this group, I change my oil all the time, (never go over 3,000 miles) and when ever I'm going to take a long trip, I drop the oil/filter again, It just makes me feel good to know that I have clean fresh oil in my expensive motorcycle..... I change over the cooling system with new 50/50 blend of antifreeze twice a season also...Before it was converted to a trike, I'd also replace the rear end gear oil also, every other oil change.........

Ronnie
When I read your, "I change my oil all the time," I thought you were going to say you changed it every week or so. So how often do you change your brake fluid? I change my final drive oil multiple times per year even though I have no assurance that it makes the drive last longer.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
When I read your, "I change my oil all the time," I thought you were going to say you changed it every week or so. So how often do you change your brake fluid? I change my final drive oil multiple times per year even though I have no assurance that it makes the drive last longer.
You know what! I have never changed my brake fluid, OR clutch fluid....Now you got me "thinking" (Oh Oh, now I'm in trouble) thank you for the wonderful reminder (y) looks like when It warms up a tad around here, I'm going to look into my owner's manual, OR better yet I do have Fred's CD's and change over the fluids... THANK YOU, for the reminder... I did have my two wheels changed in to a trike last season (so the brake fluid must (hopefully) have been, replaced then....THANK YOU for the smart reminder.....🥰🥰

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
You know what! I have never changed my brake fluid, OR clutch fluid....Now you got me "thinking" (Oh Oh, now I'm in trouble) thank you for the wonderful reminder (y) looks like when It warms up a tad around here, I'm going to look into my owner's manual, OR better yet I do have Fred's CD's and change over the fluids... THANK YOU, for the reminder... I did have my two wheels changed in to a trike last season (so the brake fluid must (hopefully) have been, replaced then....THANK YOU for the smart reminder.....🥰🥰

Ronnie
I recommend using speed bleeders. It makes the job a lot easier.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts