GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Holy 馃挬 Now there an idea............... WOW! What is that lift called? How much? and where do you purchase a lift like yours???? I totally love it!!

Ronnie

Reactions: fla_rider

Registered
My luck that would come tumbling down when I tried to loosen the oil plug!
Looks good though.

Registered
Figuring in the cost of the lift, how much are you saving on the first oil change, and future oil changes? 馃槉

Registered
Great idea. I'm guessing you had the lift already? Do you have it tied down, or just resting on the underside plate?

Registered
Holy 馃挬 Now there an idea............... WOW! What is that lift called? How much? and where do you purchase a lift like yours???? I totally love it!!

Ronnie
Looks to me like he has the a post lift that can also do cars/pickups.

I'm not gonna guess which model.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just a standard two post lift that I鈥檝e had for automotive work and it鈥檚 very stable

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your holding up the weight of the bike with the exhaust header....probably not such a good idea
You can see my craftsman motorcycle Jack in the background of one picture, well when I use that to lift my bike it lifts on the same location and I鈥檝e never had any issues doing it

Registered
Yep, I see the same thing...
I have a 2 post lift at my shop in town. Great for my autos and trucks, one of the coolest things I have ever bought (under 4k installed) but I doubt I would lift a bike that high without securing it to the lift arms. My luck we would have a slight earthquake while it was up there. :oops:

Registered
I would guess he has it secured somehow on the top of the bike too with a strap or two but I could be wrong.

Registered
Wow so cool! Another thing to put on my bucket list. If you were closer I would throw 4 quarts of oil, a filter and a 12 pack of your favorite beverage on my bike and just happen to stop by!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts