GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shock: oil changed at 4000,next oil change 20,000.Runs great synthetic only after 4000 mile oil change,useing cheapest 10w40 on shelf at wally world.Bumper the Mayor

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Bumper , ole buddy.............

I see you are back in Two Egg. What gives ????

·
Registered
95 Posts
i run amsoil and have no problem with changing every 8k. under the right riding conditions i'd go even farther, but my concern wouldn't be with a quality synthetic breaking down, but with the filter. anyway, 8-10k and i change the oil.

·
Registered
747 Posts
you might be pushing it . have had a prsche C4 and now a MBsl500 came with mobil one factory fill, they change at 12K free while under warranty.
i run dino oil in my 1ton service trucks and change at 6-7K, no problems so far. :tools1:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
filter change

:shock: I changed the filter every 4000 miles supertech works great and synthetic oil last very long,just change filter every 4000 miles.Bumper knows :shock:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Me thinks bumber is trying to cause trouble. :p

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I try to change mine every 15,000 miles but some times forget and it will go up higher... So far no problems, runs like it did the day I got it and I have just under 207,000 miles on it now..

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Don't you think 16k, is a little long between oil changes? Even for synthetic, that's a bit much. We don't want Bumper, to ruin his motor. :cry:
I don't think so.

I use Mobile 1, 15/50 rated at 15K and have a little over 16K on it now, and will change it as soon as the weather gets bad enough to slow down and do it. Just got back from a 1200 mi trip this last Sunday night and didn't even think about it. Oil still where I filled it to, and still looks and smells good. There is a change coming up but I don't know for sure just when, and I also use the cheap Wally World special filters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've run Amsoil full synthetic in my cars for up to 30,000 mi with an amsoil brand filter change at 15,000 and top off the level. No problems and have ussually about 160,000 or so miles when traded in. So in my Wing I don't worry running so far 9,700 with the same mind set and treatment.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I would love to see his oil reports. It would be very interesting. Next time let me know when one of you guys are changing your oil with that much mileage on it.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Been a while, Bumper. Up for re-election???

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well, lessee about Bumper's rationale:

Honda book says change oil every 8000 miles, Amsoil says you can double the life of the oil change, hence 16000 miles.

I do mine every 10000 for my own reasons. (easier to remember)

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I started using Amsoil and change ever 16000 miles was worried about the filter, last change I went to the Amsoil oil and filter now next oil change scheduled at 32000 miles. Man I love that Amsoil

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,678 Posts
Snoppy said:
I started using Amsoil and change ever 16000 miles was worried about the filter, last change I went to the Amsoil oil and filter now next oil change scheduled at 32000 miles. Man I love that Amsoil
Snoppy, please send me your extra crush washers.

Thanks in advance.

Bob E.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.