Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG-4201
Big Bike Parts oil filter wrench. Fits 2 1/2 inch oil filters. FREE SHIPPING.

Our Price: $10.75

I was cleaning and inspecting my brakes and my attempts to pushe thr floating calipers to the left and then to the right to retract the pucks before removing pads was not 100% effective. I removed thr pads and cleaned the pucks. To make putting all back to gether easier, I needed to push the pucks all the way in, especially on the front where new pads were in order. My fingers are too fat to fit way up in there and my brake tool was in another shop. I looked in my tool box and saw "Hal's" oil filter wrench. It's handle is a perfect fit up in there and the filter loop is a very effective handle. Just slide it up in the caliper and give it a gentle twist to push the pucls in flush! Bingo!

prs

·
Registered
657 Posts
No longer a secret

Pigeon Roost, thanks for blowing Hal's big secret, now how is he going to move all those "brake" tools that look like oil filter wrenches?
Dennis

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
oil caliper filter wrench.

Now if I would have known what those were really for (instead of mistaking them for an oil filter wrench I don’t need), I would not have made my own caliper press. However, I can use mine without removing the calipers to get that pesky rotor out of the way nor am I pressing anything against it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.