GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using oil filters not stock and safe to use?:shrug:and not to long or short. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My Choice

Purolator Pure One PL14612 is the shorter version. A bit longer which I use my Valkyrie; PL14610

·
Registered
13 Posts
This one must fit alot of bikes Purolator Pure One PL14612 it also goes on Yamahas.
And a pile of other stuff, like the Yanmar diesel in my John-Deere tractor. I think it fits some Subaru's, too... :shrug:

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I found a filter made some company called "Honda" which fits perfectly and seems to work ok. It's probably not as good as the WalMart filter, but it sort of matches the logo on my bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
oil filter

Originally Posted by catch
Walmart 7317
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

++2 for the 7317.Works great

The super tech 6607 is the standard length but both will work fine ;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I found a filter made some company called "Honda" which fits perfectly and seems to work ok. It's probably not as good as the WalMart filter, but it sort of matches the logo on my bike.
Funny thing happened to me too. I got to reading all of this stuff on these boards about who uses this and that, and low and behold, I found that my local Honda Dealer had everything I needed. Heck, I think I'm using the same stuff my bike came with:shrug:

Maybe I'll end up spending a little more, but my wing is worth it. Why use ??? when OEM works just fine
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Honda OEM for me...inexpensive from Hal....suggested by the manufacturer....should I have a warrenty issue I can claim I only used genuine Honda parts

Regardless....have yet to hear of a documented engine failure on a Goldwing due to a filter or oil related failure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts