GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you see so much on oil .why not just use honda oil?

·
Registered
979 Posts
billy said:
you see so much on oil .why not just use honda oil?
Two words( to expensive) :( :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Why not Honda oil? Because when Motorcycle Consumer News tests it, head to head, against other motorcycle oils... and automobile oils... the test results for the Honda oil are disappointing. Oils such as Castrol and Valvoline, available at Wal-Mart for a fraction of the price, outperform Honda oils.

MCN wished that they could supply better test results for the Honda oils, since they openly admitted that Honda had helped them with the costs of the study. But they couldn't, and didn't.

I don't see any threat in using 84 cent a quart Wal-Mart 10w-40 motor oil in a GL1800. I used 84 cent Wal-Mart oil in my last motorcycle (an 800cc Honda). To be fair, I don't use it in the GL1800... but I am currently using it in all 3 of my cars.

No, I don't use Honda oil in my GL1800. Nor am I using anything fancy like $5 a quart Mobil 1 in it either. I am using a quality automobile oil in it that out tested both of the Honda oils in the MCN test, that I get for $2 a quart.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
kinda funny how i can buy the high tech mobile one oil for about the same money as the regular honda oil.

seems like honda is trying to make a little too much money on oil.

loren

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oils

i have been checking and can't find anywhere that Honda Owns a Oil Company. so someone is making there Oil for them.... Besides you want that 20K investment to last.... i do..... so i am going to run AMSOIL....10W40..... :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Honda has to overprice oil, to keep in step with other OEM

Oil...put in any Honda specified multi-grade oil that meets the SJ rating. Change it at any frequency less than 8000 miles or twice a year and you are good to go. 8)

We just like to talk about oil during the riding-challenged season of the year to kill time. :wink:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Black Hawk,

I use Amsoil as well. Everyone else can use what they like and be as happy as I am with their choice.

Side note: I used to live in M'boro on Dusan Blvd ( I think). I was stationed at Smyrna, Went to MTSU for a few courses and generally had a great time. I practically lived in the Percy Priest, jug fishing.

Bulldog

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Bulldog said:
...I practically lived in the Percy Priest, jug fishing.
This is a new species to me - must be an East Coast variety...

So, exactly what bait do you use for "jug fishing"?

Are they good eating, hard to clean?

Inquiring minds need to know. :a13:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lmao--- Jon, Bulldog is speaking of catfishing, the method is jug fishing....LOL... not boobs.....

BullDog: yep, i am still stationed at Army Aviation Support Facility #1 at MQY...and will be for the next 9 years then i will be stationed on my Wing... all the time instead of riding it to work every day and back home each afternoon.... ! fishing! hadn't done that in a couple of years, just look at the bass boat on my way to the 03 Wing.... i might use it someday....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts