GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
18,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a customer who had his 06 ghost shifting fixed under warrenty in the Miami area. Shortly after he moved to the Tampa area only to find out his Wing was now an oil burner. His oil burning issue was corrected by a local Honda shop here, but left with an oil leaker. He is a good customer and brought his Wing to me for service. His oil leak was difficult to find because I was sure it was coming from the water pump oring at the rear case, but his water pump was leaking out the seep hole washing away much of evidance of the leak.

I pulled the w-pump and was able to confirm that the oring was nicked. I found his leak and this custome will be able to ride a Wing for the first time in like 30k with not oil burning or leaking. It feels good to fix something when others didn't or wouldn't. For me, there is nothing worst then riding a Wing either oil or an anti-freeze smell.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a customer who had his 06 ghost shifting fixed under warrenty in the Miami area. Shortly after he moved to the Tampa area only to find out his Wing was now an oil burner. His oil burning issue was corrected by a local Honda shop here, but left with an oil leaker. He is a good customer and brought his Wing to me for service. His oil leak was difficult to find because I was sure it was coming from the water pump oring at the rear case, but his water pump was leaking out the seep hole washing away much of evidance of the leak.

I pulled the w-pump and was able to confirm that the oring was nicked. I found his leak and this custome will be able to ride a Wing for the first time in like 30k with not oil burning or leaking. It feels good to fix something when others didn't or wouldn't. For me, there is nothing worst then riding a Wing either oil or an anti-freeze smell.

For the best Goldwing GL1800 service in all of Florida ... JustWings.com
That's great, I love hearing stories like this.
It does feel good when you can achieve what others can't do.
I had build a whole auto business on this, and people really do appreciate it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
water pump

Awsome fix.

Thanks for sharing.

How hard is it to replace the water pump?

Do you have to remove the tank, or can you get to it from underneith the bike. (I have a belly pan and don't want to remove it if I don't have to)

Thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
.....It feels good to fix something when others didn't or wouldn't. For me, there is nothing worst then riding a Wing either oil or an anti-freeze smell.....
"

And you get paid for your passion....."That ain't workin that's the way you do it, money for nothin and you work wings!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.